Toning up in 7 days?

Options
Hi

This is a long shot but im wondering if theres any way to tone up in 7 days as i have a really important date obviously im not expecting a miracle here but i just want my stomach and love handles to look better lol.atm on my current regime im only losing about 2llbs a week so i look no different.just wondering if theres any exercise that will be good for me or if theres certain foods i should really avoid. Any help is appreciated. :)

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    linzimain wrote: »
    Hi

This is a long shot but im wondering if theres any way to tone up in 7 days as i have a really important date obviously im not expecting a miracle here but i just want my stomach and love handles to look better lol.atm on my current regime im only losing about 2llbs a week so i look no different.just wondering if theres any exercise that will be good for me or if theres certain foods i should really avoid. Any help is appreciated. :)

Nope.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no. Pick clothes that fit you well and that you feel fabulous in.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Spanx.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I recommend purchasing spanx, which will help smooth you out under your clothes and make you look slimmer. Unfortunately, there is no way to tone.
  • linzimain
    linzimain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol i had thought of that. Do spanx make a massive difference?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Define massive?

They won't give Rebel Wilson the appearance of a body like Sofia Vergara...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Spanx will smooth out some of your rolls and will make a snug skirt fit a bit better but they aren't going to take you down a size.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If you know what you're going to wear for your special occasion take it and go try on some spanx and see if it helps :smile: I frequently take wardrobe pieces shopping with me if I am trying to find a match (ie sweater to a skirt etc). I'm lazy and don't like returning items so it can save time. Also, no surprises.
  • linzimain
    Options
    Lol looks like ill be giving spanx a try then :smile: wish i could tone up quicker just doesnt seem to be happening :(
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If this special date is a special date you might want to rethink spanx and just dress from the bottom layer out

IYSWIM

:*
  • linzimain
    Options
    Lol yea itll be a lights out kinda date....hell never notice a thing.... ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hell no lady :)

It's less about him noticing and more about how confident you feel, although he will notice

Go lingerie shopping ....stomach and love handles? Look at basques with soft corsetting and stockings
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, that there is no miracle way to "tone up" suddenly.
    However, you might consider drinking plenty of water and avoiding high sodium foods in the lead-up to your special date, so that you minimize the chances of you being bloated (having high sodium foods can make your body hold onto excess water)
  • linzimain
    Options
    ammo7 wrote: »
    I agree with everyone else, that there is no miracle way to "tone up" suddenly.
    However, you might consider drinking plenty of water and avoiding high sodium foods in the lead-up to your special date, so that you minimize the chances of you being bloated (having high sodium foods can make your body hold onto excess water)

Thnx ill try remember that :)
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    As everyone's said, what you want to do is impossible.

But now would be great time to start "toning up" for your second date. Or for a different date 6 months from now.

There is no downside to living a healthy lifestyle.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Cut back on salt and for God's sake, don't eat any beans!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If this special date is a special date you might want to rethink spanx and just dress from the bottom layer out

IYSWIM

:*

Bring a big bag, make trip to bathroom to "freshen up" prior to big moment, problem solved.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    For a date this special, I think it's about confidence and panache a lot more than about love handles or the absence thereof... Spanx?! "Freshening up"?! I second Rabbit, buy some lovely lingerie if you can afford it, do whatever relaxes you and makes you feel like a million dollars before the date, enjoy date! Forget about what you don't like in your body, focusing on these things is such a passion-killer...
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    For a date this special, I think it's about confidence and panache a lot more than about love handles or the absence thereof... Spanx?! "Freshening up"?! I second Rabbit, buy some lovely lingerie if you can afford it, do whatever relaxes you and makes you feel like a million dollars before the date, enjoy date! Forget about what you don't like in your body, focusing on these things is such a passion-killer...

Some of us feel a million dollars in our spanx, each to there own but I personally love the smoothing out as much as the sucking in.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »

Some of us feel a million dollars in our spanx, each to there own but I personally love the smoothing out as much as the sucking in.

If it does make OP feel like a million dollars, fair game... But it sounded from this thread that she may be over-focusing on some perceived "flaw". I am sorry if I misunderstood.

As you said, to each their own, I assumed most people would rather not have to run change their underwear midway through said date, or bear the discomfort of spanx if they can help it. But maybe some one does feel the perceived benefits outweight the discomfort... Judging by how the producers manage to sell so much of that stuff.

Tl;dr - a date should be a source of all sorts of pleasure and not anxiety, so whatever helps increase the former and decrease the latter... Healthiest option would be to not obsess with body "flaws".