bulking

Options
I'm 5'11 and weight 78.2 kilos .16.9 body fat ...I want to gain a few more kilos clean not dirty bulking..I train 6 days a wk 3days weight and 3 days mma...I'm starting at 3600 calories,228g protein,273g carbs,105g fat ...is this a good daily macros as I want as little body fat as possible I'm not bothered how long it takes me ...any information would be great or tips please ....thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How are you measuring body fat? Normally, you would want to get sub 15.... more likely around 12% prior to bulking.

But in the context protein can be significantly reduces. At your current and probably future weight, you will only need 155g probably at most but can walk it to 170 if you prefer.
  • redlinnane
    redlinnane Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used the calipers to measure it so your saying I need to cut first before I start ...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    redlinnane wrote: »
    I used the calipers to measure it so your saying I need to cut first before I start ...

You don't have to but I would. The higher the body fat, the more likely your body will produce more fat. And if your goal is to be lean/ripped, then it's better off leaning out a bit first and then slow bulk up for more mass. But, IMO, I would have a small deficit, have a solid progressive lifting program and in some cardio if you like it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    redlinnane wrote: »

You don't have to but I would. The higher the body fat, the more likely your body will produce more fat. And if your goal is to be lean/ripped, then it's better off leaning out a bit first and then slow bulk up for more mass. But, IMO, I would have a small deficit, have a solid progressive lifting program and in some cardio if you like it.

this.

I would suggest getting to at least 14% body fat first...