Sex

Options

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Most partners disapprove of pausing to ensure your heart rate is in you fat burning target zone

Fat burning zone @juggernaut1974 ? :huh:

:bigsmile:

As for the thread I'm personally of the opinion that if sex isn't in your general activity level you're probably doing life wrong ;)

Amen, sista.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much never spending 60 straight minutes having sex. Sorry I'm lazy.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »
    For all you cardio haters, I've got something you might like.

Sex burns up to 200 calories an hour, and it's fun.

Just sayin.

During orgasm, which lasts for about 5-10 seconds for a man, and up to 2 minutes for a woman (sorry, guyz). Unless you are doing it Swayze against the wall in the old barn in Roadhouse-style, you really aren't doing that much cardio.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Just sayin.

During orgasm, which lasts for about 5-10 seconds for a man, and up to 2 minutes for a woman (sorry, guyz). Unless you are doing it Swayze against the wall in the old barn in Roadhouse-style, you really aren't doing that much cardio.

Don't apologise, old barn Roadhouse style is something to add to my list
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    this thread is basically just for people to show off how much they get laid

• kk_inprogress
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    this thread is basically just for people to show off lie about how much they get laid

FIFY
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    this thread is basically just for people to show off lie about how much they get laid

FIFY

: :D:D:D
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    Oh, so that's what CICO stands for . . .

Bwahahahaha
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Just sayin.

So is it 400 if one person is the only participant and thus has to do all the work? I'm asking for a friend.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much never spending 60 straight minutes having sex. Sorry I'm lazy.

I have no interest whatsoever in 60 straight minutes of PIV, but am delighted with 60 minutes of the whole enchilada.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh dear ...
  • robs_ready
    Options
    Oh dear ...

Indeedy
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    It's interesting. The study where the figure that gives the burn closest to the 200 calories an hour cited an average length per session as being six minutes. The figure given for a burn for a 150 pound male was about 3.5 calories a minute.

Sorrynotsorry for bursting bubbles. I'm too old and jaded to be amused by this thread.

Not too old to be amused by sex, mind you.

I thought it would be useful to know how the the New England Journal of Medicine defined "sexual activity" but since the average is only six minutes, it's rather moot.

http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/the-myth-of-sexercise-sex-calories-exercise-health-52133

...The New England Journal’s rather more sober assessment? An average guy, supposing he weighs about 150 pounds, burns closer to 3.5 calories per minute having sex.

The authors write, “Given that the average bout of sexual activity lasts about 6 minutes, a man in his early-to-mid-30s might expend approximately 21 kcal during sexual intercourse. Of course, he would have spent roughly one third that amount of energy just watching television, so the incremental benefit of one bout of sexual activity with respect to energy expended is plausibly on the order of 14 kcal” (emphasis added).

So there you have it. Sex is better for you than watching Downton Abbey … but only by 14 calories.

• robs_ready
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    It's interesting. The study where the figure that gives the burn closest to the 200 calories an hour cited an average length per session as being six minutes. The figure given for a burn for a 150 pound male was about 3.5 calories a minute.

Sorrynotsorry for bursting bubbles. I'm too old and jaded to be amused by this thread.

Not too old to be amused by sex, mind you.

I thought it would be useful to know how the the New England Journal of Medicine defined "sexual activity" but since the average is only six minutes, it's rather moot.

http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/the-myth-of-sexercise-sex-calories-exercise-health-52133

...The New England Journal’s rather more sober assessment? An average guy, supposing he weighs about 150 pounds, burns closer to 3.5 calories per minute having sex.

The authors write, “Given that the average bout of sexual activity lasts about 6 minutes, a man in his early-to-mid-30s might expend approximately 21 kcal during sexual intercourse. Of course, he would have spent roughly one third that amount of energy just watching television, so the incremental benefit of one bout of sexual activity with respect to energy expended is plausibly on the order of 14 kcal” (emphasis added).

So there you have it. Sex is better for you than watching Downton Abbey … but only by 14 calories.

It's also more enjoyable than watching Downton abbey but I see your point
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    Captain Obvious, FTW
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Can't I watch Downton Abbey and have sex? Not at the same time, mind. I do love me some Maggie Smith.
  • robs_ready
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Captain Obvious, FTW

I'll take that as a compliment
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    Oh, so that's what CICO stands for . . .

OMG THAT IS AWESOME. I laughed so hard at that....
  • SweetMsMara
    SweetMsMara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to add it to exercise diary
  • robs_ready
    Options
    I wish there was a way to add it to exercise diary

I think it would look a bit weird...