When you find out how many calories are in your favorite meal...

Options
Oh my goodness gracious. I have had an unpleasant revelation.

I love the restaurant Baker's Square. They're in the midwestern part of the US so far as I know. My favorite meal there is a cup of cream of tomato basil soup with crackers, a sandwich called their honey mustard chicken ciabatta which is grilled chicken breast, grilled mushrooms and onions, swiss cheese, and honey mustard on ciabatta bread, with fries. Then I sometimes have a slice of brownie pie a la mode... This is like my ultimate cheat meal. So friggen good.

I was curious to find out just how many calories are in this wonderful meal I love so much... and the results aren't pretty.

For everything I listed combined it clocks in at a whopping 2,740 calories... makes me shake my head in utter disbelief that I would eat all that JUST for dinner on top of my lunch and breakfast...But when I really think about it, with all the crap on that sandwich plus the fries and the damn pie, am I really all that surprised? Lol.

It hurts to actually find out just how much I was overeating at one time and it was no small wonder why I was packing on the pounds.

Please share your unpleasant calorie revelations!

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten there, but I hear that Cheesecake Factory dinners are in the neighborhood of Whopping Calorie Counts. To me, it's not worth it. But, judging by how popular the restaurant is, a whole lot of people don't share my opinion.
  • JRitaK
    JRitaK Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I've never eaten there, but I hear that Cheesecake Factory dinners are in the neighborhood of Whopping Calorie Counts. To me, it's not worth it. But, judging by how popular the restaurant is, a whole lot of people don't share my opinion.

I have also hear Cheesecake Factory food is pretty high calorie. Which is a shame because everything I've ever had there was pretty darn good. I'm sure they do have some lighter options that are just as good. But yeah I bet they're popular because of their rich food.

Baker's Square actually has quite a few tasty options that aren't TOO bad, calorie wise.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    My favorite chick-fil-a meal: deluxe spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese (no mayo or sauce), large fry, 2 ketchups, and a Diet Coke logs in around 1100 or 1200 calories. Makes me sad.

The chipotle burrito I used to get... 900 calories.

Buffalo style Chicken wings approximately 100 cal per wing. Seeing how I can eat an obscene amount I never eat them anymore.

A bag of Doritos 1050 calories for the 7.5 ounce bag. I don't buy them anymore since I can easily eat the whole bag.

Sushi. I'm pretty sure my favorite specialty roll - jalapeño roll is at least 400-500 calories. I eat 4-5 specialty rolls when we go out for sushi. I won't give up my occasional sushi binges :)

I have no idea how many calories Chinese takeout is but I'm sure it's horrific.
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when I found out how many calories were in my daily chai tea lattes in college. Ahh! The stuff of nightmares, I tell you.
  • JRitaK
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    My favorite chick-fil-a meal: deluxe spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese (no mayo or sauce), large fry, 2 ketchups, and a Diet Coke logs in around 1100 or 1200 calories. Makes me sad.

The chipotle burrito I used to get... 900 calories.

Buffalo style Chicken wings approximately 100 cal per wing. Seeing how I can eat an obscene amount I never eat them anymore.

A bag of Doritos 1050 calories for the 7.5 ounce bag. I don't buy them anymore since I can easily eat the whole bag.

Sushi. I'm pretty sure my favorite specialty roll - jalapeño roll is at least 400-500 calories. I eat 4-5 specialty rolls when we go out for sushi. I won't give up my occasional sushi binges :)

I have no idea how many calories Chinese takeout is but I'm sure it's horrific.

Ouch, that sucks! I had chick-fil-a once and it was reeeally good.

With all the people getting sick lately I don't think I'll be eating Chipotle anytime soon. But they do make a damn good burrito. Lol.

And mmm chicken wings. I like the boneless. Which is basically mini chicken strips, in all their fattening glory Lol

Doritos?! Oh my goodness. I love them. I cannot buy them. Like you, I could most definitely eat the entire bag.
  • JRitaK
    Options
    This reminds me of when I found out how many calories were in my daily chai tea lattes in college. Ahh! The stuff of nightmares, I tell you.

Oh wow, I bet. That's kinda like when I found out how bad Starbucks frappacinos are. And of course, I love them.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

To be fair, their regular meals are big enough to feed four people. And there is a skinny menu that is perfectly reasonable calorie-wise and for the most part very tasty. The cheesecake is high, but hey. Cheesecake. It isn't much more than one I'd make myself if I made the real thing.

I was disappointed about bread. I love bread but avoid it most of the time because I love having decent sized meals more.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    JRitaK wrote: »
    Oh my goodness gracious. I have had an unpleasant revelation.

I love the restaurant Baker's Square. They're in the midwestern part of the US so far as I know. My favorite meal there is a cup of cream of tomato basil soup with crackers, a sandwich called their honey mustard chicken ciabatta which is grilled chicken breast, grilled mushrooms and onions, swiss cheese, and honey mustard on ciabatta bread, with fries. Then I sometimes have a slice of brownie pie a la mode... This is like my ultimate cheat meal. So friggen good.

I was curious to find out just how many calories are in this wonderful meal I love so much... and the results aren't pretty.

For everything I listed combined it clocks in at a whopping 2,740 calories... makes me shake my head in utter disbelief that I would eat all that JUST for dinner on top of my lunch and breakfast...But when I really think about it, with all the crap on that sandwich plus the fries and the damn pie, am I really all that surprised? Lol.

It hurts to actually find out just how much I was overeating at one time and it was no small wonder why I was packing on the pounds.

Please share your unpleasant calorie revelations!

My friend worked at Baker's Square and we used to eat there almost every night when I would pick him up from work+pie, of course! Then we would go drink a couple beers afterwards to add to the calorie surplus. :| No wonder I was gaining so much weight during that time.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I wanna go there.... drooling!
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Every time I calorie count it's always full of depressing realisations like that. Some of my (least) favourites:

My default homemade curry, with rice and garlic naan: around 1500 calories all up.
    My usual from Maccas (2 double beef and bacon burgers, 3 small fries) 1600 calories, plus an extra 680 if I got a chocolate frappe.
    Guzman y Gomez beef burrito, with extra beef: comparitively okay at 931.
    My usual fried breakfast (2 pork sausage, 100g bacon, 2 eggs, potato gems or hash browns): 1120 after adding on MFP but given the option I'd usually have more bacon and gems, maybe some ranch dressing to dip the gems in if I was having breakfast for dinner. Add another 300, easy, if I had toast and butter.

It's remarkable I topped out at 72kg to be honest, seems that I'm lucky enough to have some remnants of satiety, or portion control after I have a huge meal.

The absolute worst for me has been biscuits and chocolate though. 1 Chocolate Scotch Finger? 113. Caramel Digestive? 81. 2 x Dare Maple cookies? 170. Snickers, Mars Bar, Twix or Cherry Ripe? All around 250. And who has one biscuit? More than likely 5 or 6, or if it's me.. most of the packet mindlessly eaten.

I can sometimes justify a burrito or giant breakfast for dinner, but it gets a lot harder justifying 200, 250 calories on a treat/snack after dinner when my dinners themselves come to around 400 calories at the minute.
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda ashamed to say this haha but my favorite meal which comes from In & Out is:
    (1) 4x4 Animal Style Burger 1050cal
    Animal/Protein Style Burger 900 cal
    Animal Style fries 750 cal
    Neopolitan Shake 600 cal.

3300 calories :#:s

All in one sitting...maybe a small break between burgers.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    That's A LOT of in n out dude! I admire your fortitude!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to enjoy pasta in a really good cream sauce, knowing what I know now... Kind of a buzzkill.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    At Arbys their Chicken Bacon Swiss is 610 calories, which to me seems like a lot considering how small the sandwich is and with a side of medium fries - which Arbys seems to want to give you to help fill you up because they give alot and like I said the sandwich is small - the combo meal clocks in at over 1000 calories.

Woah
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was sad when I saw the Papa Johns favourite, XXL was 4400 calories. I have only had a few slices here and there since then, but I'd have to be having a pretty serious cheat day to eat one of those again.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    This is why I'll continue to log indefinitely. Since I still plan on eating those meals I have to plan ahead and have them on days that they fit-ish.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When I counted the calories in our standard homemade nachos and they came to 1800, my weight gain all made sense!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Shakes at Sonic... A MINI (the tiniest size, 10 oz) Oreo caramel shake is 700 calories. The mediums clock in at 1100-1500 calories, the larges are 2000+ for some flavors. And to think some people will eat an entire meal there plus a shake for dessert to top it off.

Yeah.The shakes were kind of shocking. I knew they wouldn't be low calorie but wow!
    I was most surprised by the sneaky calorie count of things like bread, plain saltine crackers, or bananas. I used to eat a lot of crackers.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I find it hard to enjoy pasta in a really good cream sauce, knowing what I know now... Kind of a buzzkill.

Heh, I know. None of my higher cal meals have specific calorie counts attached -- my old blowout was a lamb vindaloo plus saag paneer (got both so I could have some of each and more leftovers) with (of course) rice and naan. I don't know how many calories it was, but I know it wasn't pretty.