I'm so scared I'm headed the wrong way...AGAIN.

Options
After having lost 25 pounds since the beginning of August this year, I thought I had finally made it past craving food for no reason. MFP has me at 1200 calories a day. I was walking between 1.5 hours to 2 hours a day, 7 days a week, and eating back 75%-100% of my exercise calories. However, the last four days have been hellish weather where I am, wind and rain, so I haven't been able to get out and walk and have been stuck inside. For some reason, my cravings have come back with a vengeance. I cannot seem to only eat 1200 calories and have been eating what I would have if I'd exercised. But that means I've been consistently eating at least 500-600 calories over what I should be. My psyche has been taking a big hit, wondering if this is the stage where I always seem to fail and regain all my weight I've lost. I have a long vacation coming up also in which I will be traveling and unable to log and exercise. I am so afraid. I don't want to go backwards. At this point I won't even mind if I just maintain, but I think eating 1700-1800 calories a day will make me start regaining. Sorry for the whining. I guess I just needed to vent.

Replies

• DanGemmell
    DanGemmell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1200kcals a day is very low. That's most likely what your BMR is (ie kcals you'd burn if you were in a coma). 2000's is actually a healthy amount. Those cravings are probably your body's way of telling it needs nourishment!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Find some exercises that you can do inside.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    YouTube has walking videos. No need to worry about inclement weather
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks, All. DanGemmell, 1200 calories is what MFP put me at in order to lose 1 pound per week. I am 5 foot, 1.75 inches and 52 years old. I am not really that active at all, really, except for when I get out and do my 1.5-2 hour walk every day. Do you think 1200 is still too low? I have been averaging losing 1.2 pounds per week.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    BTW, I'm in an RV, so limited room to exercise in here. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Ya, exercise helps me with cravings. As does a good night's sleep and sufficient protein in relationship to carbs. What have your macros been these last four days? (% of carbs, fat, protein)

I'll walk or garden in a little rain, but when it's heavy I do yoga at home and have joined a gym for at least the winter.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Up it to .5 pound per week and walk in place.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Karihappy wrote: »
    BTW, I'm in an RV, so limited room to exercise in here. :)
    With limited space you can do "body weight" or "chair exercises" on youtube.
    Also on youtube are walking in place videos: leslie sansone's walk away the pounds

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Cardio 2 times/week, 20 min ea. Pump iron 2 times week (30-40 min ea). Keep carbs below 100/day.