Advice

Options
In 3 weeks I have only managed to lose 1lb. I was hoping for 3, although the past 2 weekends were pretty much write offs with birthdays and Xmas parties. Last week I decided to start measuring myself and in the past 7 days I have lost half an inch all over so that makes me feel better. I only have 20lbs to lose so I don't expect the weight to come off easily. My exercise routine is:
Monday - lowerbody day. 6 exercises 15 reps 3x and 2 tabata core exercises
Tuesday - cardio on the bowflex treadclimber for 45 minutes.
Wednesday - upper body day. 6 exercises 15 reps 3x and 2 tabata core exercises.
Thursday - bowflex treadclimber for 45 minutes.
Friday - All body. 12 different exercises for 90 seconds each with 30 second rest between and 2 core tabata exercises.
Saturday if I have time I do 45 minutes on the treadclimber.
I have been eating my calories burned although I don't fully trust what mfp says I burned so this week I'm going to try and not eat them back.
my diary is open for all to see but keep in mind that my last 2 weekends aren't at all typical. Advice and motivation is appreciated!

Replies

• sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately measuring all your food or guessing? You could be unknowingly eating more calories than you think you are. That paired with over estimating calorie burns would lead to not losing.

It has only been 3 weeks though too, just make sure you are accurately measuring all food and give it time.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I know this is constantly said over and over again on MFP, but not accurately weighing and logging your food can wipe out a calorie deficit and not cause you to lose weight. A lot of your entries are stuff like "Generic -food name- 1 serving" or "1 medium apple", when NOBODY on MFP knows what "1 serving" or "1 medium fruit" is (those are all very subjective). The best way to make sure your calorie totals are accurate is to use a food scale to weigh out your portions and then use the most accurate MFP entries for it (if it's a mixed recipe, like a casserole, use MFP's recipe builder. Many people like to weigh out the entire recipe, input the weight in grams as the number of servings, and then weigh their portion).

MFP's calories burned is grossly overestimated. The general rule (if you're following NEAT) is to only eat back half of MFP's suggested calories burned.