Posting under calorie

Options
The site will not allow me to post way under calorie. It's not the healthy approach, but when your sick your sick. You shouldn't lose days posting because your body will not allow food.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You can still log your calories, you just can't complete your entry for the day.

You aren't losing any days.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You can still log your calories, you just can't complete your entry for the day.

You aren't losing any days.

Yep. It just won't show up on your friends' feeds that you completed the day.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Annoying I guess, but it's set up that way for a very good reason.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You aren't required to complete your diary entry. Whatever you log will be there even if you don't hit the complete button.
    If you are concerned about your log in streak, you don't actually have to log any food for that. You get that just for logging into the site.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Annoying I guess, but it's set up that way for a very good reason.

this. It's not a good idea to have people show logs with total calorie counts less than 1,000. Other people don't know it's because you're sick.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    You can complete the entry, but it won't post into the feed. You'll also get an annoying "you're not eating enough" but you already know that.

I do make a food note on the days I'm too sick to eat, but that's just me.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother hitting the complete button any more and I always eat more than the 1500 calorie minimum. I'm yet to be so sick that I couldn't eat though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    i rarely hit the complete button when i logged...i really didn't see any point.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I always complete, I have my FitBit linked to MFP and use it for comparison between calorie burn tracking and food intake.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you just don't hit the complete button. But it still keeps the log if you enter the food.

Man, MFP had some freakouts the week I had my wisdom teeth out. I think I managed 300 calories on the first day, and 800 on the second, but not above 1000 until beyond the end of the week. I think I figured out on day 2 that I just shouldn't bother closing my diary.