Relight my fire!

Options
My name is Grace, I'm 21 years old and a full-time student. I joined MFP in February 2013, and it helped me go from 187 pounds to 122 in 54 weeks. I have gained over 25 lbs back and struggle with maintaining the lifestyle. I live a very stressful life, and my schedule is very busy. I sometimes binge eat due to stress and don't always have adequate gym time. I need someone to re-motivate me, I refuse to go back to my old ways. Add me if you wish :)

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    " I refuse to go back to my old ways." all the motovation you need. If you mean it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    It also seems like you may need to alter the way you lose / lost the weight if that lifestyle is not sustainable. You can absolutely lose weight and be healthy by tailoring your eating habits and exercise to fit your current lifestyle rather than the other way around. Eat what you're eating now, but eat less of it. You don't need a scheduled gym program, either. Just be more active each and every day and do body weight exercises at home. Live and learn! Keep making changes until you find ones that fit and that work long term.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Can you do a workout at home in the morning. I did that through college and grad school. If I had any free time I'd jog in the afternoon as a break.

Losing weight is calories not just exercise so cut the calories and cut the junk food if you don't have time to count calories. Remember what you ate at your goal weight a few years ago. That's what you need to keep in mind now, and it's easy to forget when you slip into gain mode.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Go back to your food diaries from 2013 and remind yourself what worked!

You said you live a stressful life. Are there things you can do to lower the stress? Any obligations you can remove from your calendar? Are you in too many clubs at school, or something like that? Learning to control stress is a valuable tool for the rest of your life. If you're like so many people your age, you're trying to "do it all". You can do it all, but you don't have to do all of it at the same time!
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    To change a habit, sometimes it must be done audaciously. I had a similar pattern and thought the same thing in words I heard long ago - I have come too far to go back. I knew I needed a major decision, something life-changing. I answered a posting at my health club toto take a class. It was a big committment - extra money - I needed to take vacation hours to attend the daytime class - it was hard work. But, it was effective - I was only in the class for a month, but I'm getting new habits - becoming more active and taking control of my eating.