can someone just enlighten me a little - im really confused..

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    are you using a food scale?
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    yes and double checking the calories if i bar code scan things in
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    im not going to lie there are a few biscuits in there my diary isnt perfect - it happens towards ovulation.. however i was under the impression a calorie is a calorie, so i thought id be ok if i log them
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    your diary looks OK - but with your stats you certainly should be losing at an accurate 1700 calories logging

which makes me wonder if you have inconsistencies or inaccuracies creeping in

so what I'd suggest is

weighing everything - throw out the cups, weigh slices / rolls and log by weight

Also check the entries you're choosing - is the coq au vin your recipe with weighed ingredients, weighed final casserole and servings based on an actual grammage?

Make sure you are logging everything you eat - no sneaking food? (not accusing but it happens)

I'd try that for a month and see how you go

then you might want to consider a med work-up to check thyroid which can affect your TDEE
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    it's not really significant but your florette salad leaves with 100g at 11 calories should actually be 20 cals - so I think you've chosen the wrong entry there

you need to double check everything you've chosen against packs / other calorie sites / manufacturers lists because it's easy for small errors to mount up and wipe out your defecit
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    ok thanks rabbit - i may be guilty of a bite here and there that hasnt been logged.. yeah the dinner servings are recipes ive made myself divided into how many people are eating. its the only way i can do it - although i always try and have the smaller portion with my husband.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    it's not really significant but your florette salad leaves with 100g at 11 calories should actually be 20 cals - so I think you've chosen the wrong entry there

you need to double check everything you've chosen against packs / other calorie sites / manufacturers lists because it's easy for small errors to mount up and wipe out your defecit

good point - your right - i have gotten relaxed a bit. i need to review my entries i tend to use the recently used if i have the same thing the day day..
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    and i dont weigh my salad really :( theres an oops right there.
  • Sued0nim
    edited December 2015
    Options
    and i dont weigh my salad really :( theres an oops right there.

Nah I don't weigh mine either :)

it was more of an 'if this is happening on something that is calorie dense you might be mis-logging' comment
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    agreed, thanks hun