Replies

• JessCowles
    JessCowles Posts: 11
    Options
    These are all great ideas! Thanks!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Eating a dill pickle might help fight the cravings, but ultimately you will do best to train yourself just to have a little taste of something and stop at that. Make sure your calorie goal isn't too low because that makes cravings more likely.
  • danapenguin
    danapenguin Posts: 161
    Options
    i have a chocolate sweet tooth and I eat the Fiber One 90 calorie brownies or special K snack bars or the 100 calories cookie packs!!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I agree with fruit as a suitable substitute; I occasionally treat myself to unsweetened dark chocolate (180 cals + antioxidants).

8488541.png
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My sweet cravings usually come at night. I buy the Quest bars, soften them on defrost in microwave, 20-30 seconds, roll it out like pie crust with a rolling pin to the size of a small breakfast plate and bake at 350 for 3-4 minutes. I like thin and crunchy, so I do almost 4 minutes. I also have heard of cutting them into three or four pieces and baking as a cookie. They bake up golden brown and crunchy, and depending on the desired thickness, soft in the middle. Chocolate chip cookie dough :heart: and apple pie have worked best for me baking this way. Coconut and banana nut don't seem to be as flavorful after baking but still very good, but they're definitely a winner when you zap them in the microwave for 15 seconds. Try it; you won't regret it! They have saved me from myself time and time again! Either way, make sure you heat them first or you may not be a fan.