Whatever you do, do what works best for YOU!

Options
heart3313
heart3313 Posts: 89 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
I am not an expert at weight loss or fitness what so ever...but I truly believe if you make changes that work for you, you will see the results you want!

I have lost about 35 lbs since March 18, 2015. I still have another 15 lbs I'd like to lose. I was judged by the way I had lost it by many people....

•I used slim fast shakes to help cut down calories- although I have removed them from my diet... they sure did help me! It wasn't a quick fix or a magic drink... it just helped to cut the calories that's it. Some people told me I wouldn't keep the weight off once I stopped...others said I wouldn't have people respect me for going at it that way.
-whatever-

• if you are in a habit of fast food dining... and you are consuming their food 2-3 times a day... and suddenly drop it to once a day...then to once every few days... to maybe once a week-depending on busy schedule- you will see a change in your health and appearance probably.
-That was me... and I was at the time ok with that lifestyle. It worked for me...but then I wanted to see a change in my appearance-lose weight...so I started limiting my fast food intake
• I also started to watch my food portions... I made small changes here as well.... at restaurants only eating half the meal.
• I'm writing all this because I was asked yesterday how people could make a lifestyle change and stick to it for the rest of their life if they are still consuming processed foods.... it made me stop to think about the question....
• who is to say that my lifestyle isn't something I can stick with?- it's working for me now...I'm ok with consuming processed foods in my diet....I never claimed that I was a 100% whole food eater....did I?
• to be on a lifestyle change maybe you just have to change your lifestyle right? Small changes will add up....trust me, I have done that....
I hope this all motivates someone.... if you feel you are doing what is best for you and making a change to see a change well than all power to you!!! Don't let any bully you into thinking you are not doing something right- however if they are offering advise to help you and you take it than awesome! Constructive criticism is amazing! If anyone wants to follow me or add me please feel free.. :)