Fitbit vs. Withings - Need Advice

Options
cdickens13
cdickens13 Posts: 11 Member
edited December 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am in need of some help. I am wanting to buy an activity monitoring device and trying to hash out the details. My main goal is to track calories burned during exercise sessions. I'm looking at withings vs. fitbit. In general, how do these trackers measure calories burned? Do they all measure heart rate and that's how they determine calories burned? Can I see calories burned in a certain timeframe (i.e. 30 min of jogging)?

I like the look of the withings but does it have the functionality of the fitbit?

I am looking at the withings activite pop: activity tracking (walking and running), swim tracking, silent alarm, sleep tracking, no charging, Bluetooth 4.0. As far as the fitbit, I'm not sure which model I would want.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm a big Withings fan. I don't like wristband monitors so I wear the Withings Pulse Ox on my clothing (it comes with a wristband and clothing clip). I can only compare it to Jawbone though as I've never had a Fitbit, and Withings is miles ahead in regards to accuracy and how they present data (via their Healthmate website and app) and reports (via email). I also have the Withings Body Analyser Scales and Withings Blood Pressure Monitor, and they all integrate beautifully.
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If your going to get a fitbit either get the Charge HR or if you want a few more things like text notification, gps when running, and music control, then get the Surge I bought one I like it.