Portion control

Options
Hey, whats everyones take on portion control?
Any tips/advice? i seem to be eating the right things, but it seems like its not helping with the weightloss

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Since I weigh out my portions, I don't have to worry about it. I try to pre-plan my day (doesn't always happen) but that way I know what I am making and how much of it I get before I even cook it.

If I can't weigh out my food, like when we go out to eat, I try to eat something on the lower-cal side, like grilled chicken breast and just log it the best I can.

Eating the right things won't cause weight loss, eating the right amount of things will. I suggest getting a food scale.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you're having trouble limiting yourself to portions that fit within your calorie plan? Or that you have trouble telling how many calories are in your portions?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1. A food scale is always going to be a more accurate way of measuring portion sizes
    2. If you can't/won't weigh your foods, try this for a reference point -- https://www.precisionnutrition.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/precision_nutrition_calorie_control_guide_pdf.pdf
    3. Your portions may be "correct", perhaps you just need to eat fewer of them?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Eating the "right" things tends to change from one person to another. Maintaining a consistent calorie deficit is going to result in weight loss. What is your current plan for maintaining a calorie deficit?