2 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 Tbsp ground cinnamon

Icing:
    8 oz softened cream cheese
    1/2 icing sugar
    2-4 Tbsp milk as needed

1. Cream 1 cup of butter and white sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer (paddle attachment) until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until well combined. Add flour, baking soda and powder, and salt until just mixed.
    2. Form into two discs, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for about an hour.
    3. One at a time, roll disk onto a well-floured surface creating a large rectangle/oval about 1/4 inch thick. Cover each with half the 3/4 cup softened butter, then sprinkle with half the brown sugar and half the cinnamon.
    4. Roll dough lengthwise into a log, ensuring the end is well-sealed with the butter mixture. Slice each into even rounds (between 1/2 and an inch thick depending on how big you want your cookies.)
    5. Lay each round out onto a parchment-paper covered baking sheet.
    6. Bake in a 350F oven 12-14 min.
    7. Cool on a baking rack until completely cool, then ice.

Cream-cheese icing:
    1. Combine cream cheese and icing sugar with a hand or stand mixer until light and fluffy. If you plan to drizzle the icing, you'll need to also add 2-4 tbsps milk until the consistency is thin enough. If you're using a pastry bag to pipe on the icing, you might only need 1 tbsp.
    2. When cookies are completely cool, drizzle icing with a spoon or pastry bag across each cookie.

These are currently being demolished by my workmates, thank you!!

I also made these: https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/classic-melting-moments which were the first thing to go! VERY popular!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This weekend I made 6 different types of cookies and bite size brownie treats. The two most popular so far have been:
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/mexican-wedding-cookies-91976.aspx
    (I replaced the nuts with unsweetened coconut and made the balls around a carmel Hershey kiss)

and these (I used Christmas sprinkles):
    http://moscatomom.com/chocolate-kiss-valentines-day-cookies/
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These are some of my absolute favorite cookies, I literally cannot stop eating them when they are in the house:

Cinnamon Jumbles
    •1 cup shortening
    •4 cups flour
    •2 cups sugar
    •1 teaspoon salt
    •2 eggs
    •1 teaspoon baking soda
    •1 ½ cups buttermilk
    •2 teaspoons vanilla

Combine ingredients. Chill one hour. Drop on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with ½ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Bake at 375º for 8 to 10 minutes. Test like cake.

Makes A LOT of cookies!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Rose-cardamom shortbread

1 1/2 cups white rice flour
    3/4 cup icing sugar
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 large egg
    1 tsp rose water
    about 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds (or poppy seeds)
    1/2 tsp ground cardamom

With an electric or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Add egg and rosewater and beat again until well-combined. Slowly add flour and cardamom and mix until just combined. Cover and chill for at least six hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 300F. Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls and place on parchment-line baking sheets 1 1/2 inches apart. Use a fork to flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle cookies with seeds.

Bake until firm but pale, 20-25 min. Cool on wire racks.

I love a great shortbread! These sound like an interesting variation (and I do have rose water on hand). I'm hoping I have time to bake these.....