18 months and going strong w/ pics

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
Today marks 18 months since I started my journey with my first workout w/ personal trainer and start of logging & weight loss. I've lost 120 pounds and 65 inches.

When I started, I couldn't walk more than 1/4 mile without excruciating foot, knee, & hip pain. I couldn't walk up my own steep driveway without several stops. Going up stairs 2 feet at a time was a chore. I could hardly lift anything. My goal was to walk one mile without pain in one year. I met that goal in 3 months and my fitness level now far exceeds anything I thought was remotely possible.

I've worked out 2x week with personal trainer until recently when I switched to 1/x week + 4 classes + yoga. I walk 4-5 miles per day (except this month when the weather has been horrendous) with NO PAIN. I've walked several 5k events and one 10K that I concluded by running the last 6 minutes. I don't notice when I climb steps (1 foot at a time) and our driveway is no problem. I cannot tell you my strength because we do a lot of resistance training that is more difficult to quantify than weights. My trainer gave me a "challenge" workout today and he had to keep making it harder because I was doing so well.

I still have lots of goals to achieve in finishing my weight loss journey, and my strength and fitness journey will never end. Of course, weight management will never end either.

This process is not easy, but it is doable. Set a plan and stick to it, day in and day out. Do not wait for "motivation." Establish habits and follow them no matter how you "feel".

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to my MFPs who encourage me. Even though I've had success, I still need support and encouragement. Having lost 120 pounds does not guarantee that the next pound will melt away. :)

SW 301
CW 181
GW 150

Before
rh36i6rzus7h.jpg

6 mo.
k541yerctra3.jpg

1 yr
pls7g094qt7c.jpg

18 mo.
7rkm1qio9zpf.jpg

Today's workout
dmodrjollr3d.jpg

Replies

• ekoth_09
    ekoth_09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You look great. Great job! Your hard work is definitely paying off.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Lorraine! We are MFP twins!
    I'm 52
    5'8"
    SW 300
    CW 184
    GW150

!!!!!!

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    You look awesome my friend. I just had sent my before & after to a friend who asked for some inspiration to keep her on the right track.....had to shudder at my before. Those early & subsequent photos are so worth it as you get nearer to your goal. Your story shows what motivation & dedication can do. Kudos to you & can't wait to follow the rest of your journey as you get to goal.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I wish I had awesome pictures like yours to share! We're even shaped the same!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done you look amazing
  • IslandLifenFitness
    Options
    Wow great job!
  • 2009ronin
    2009ronin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your photos show how far you have come. That is amazing! WTG you. I love your last photo the determination in your face says it all ☺
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting your pictures. This is one place where you can and should "brag" about what you have done. It is so encouraging to see your accomplishment. You look great and I know you feel great, too. So many can see this and be assured they can do it, too, and are not alone in the struggle.

It can be done. You have proved it. You are right it takes motivation and dedication. Congratulations!

You acknowledge others that have helped you and you are helping us. Thanks for "paying it forward"!

70044776.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    This. Is. Amazing. As a fellow 60-year-old, and frankly just as a fellow human, I salute you: What a transformation from ill-health to robust health! I hope you don't mind if I say that in that last photo, you look like a total bada** athlete. Excellent! (I wish I could do that - but perhaps I just need to start trying.) Thanks for posting!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You've done a super job! Great picks and yes, we need support at every level of our journey. Congrats on your loss!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats again, Lor. I loved seeing your pictures - what an accomplishment. I also wanted to say again that I find your wall posts very motivational - you help keep me on the straight and narrow when I am feeling frustrated. Your determination, discipline and willpower over such a long period of time is truly inspiring, and you help show that losing weight and getting healthy is possible at any age.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Love the pics! You are kicking a in that last workout picture :-)
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Omg!!!!! Have to show my doctor, he claims the only way to lose weight in your 60s surgery. Love the pictures!! Thanks for sharing! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Ayirioritse81
    Ayirioritse81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look awesome. Admirable progress
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So happy for you- you must feel like a million bucks!! Thanks for posting so that those on the beginning of our journey can be inspired!!
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are such an inspiration!!! Well done
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Great post and you look so much smaller.. thanks for the inspiration.
  • yesssiwanttolose
    yesssiwanttolose Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's alot of work that paid off~!! Congrats!!! It means alot to be able to walk and move around! Well done!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and your progress is very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!