Crying

Options
I'm crying because weight loss isn't showing I workout religiously and I'm eating healthy and it's like my body is just resistant to loading all this fat

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes time. You can do this!! Really!!
  • lovememarg17
    lovememarg17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hope I can
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Start counting calories, all calories, honestly, and log it daily. Stay under your calorie limit and you'll start losing.
  • lovememarg17
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Start counting calories, all calories, honestly, and log it daily. Stay under your calorie limit and you'll start losing.
    Thanks Hun I will ☺️
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    log everyday no matter what. Weigh all foods and remember this takes time. Be kind to yourself the weight will come off.
  • lovememarg17
    Options
    log everyday no matter what. Weigh all foods and remember this takes time. Be kind to yourself the weight will come off.

Thx I'll try
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Focus on the good things you are doing for yourself. You deserve this effort :)
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU

I recommend this video just to show why you should be weighing all foods. Don't forget to log EVERYTHING. It helps some people to log food BEFORE they eat it. No matter what it is, even going back for seconds that you set aside for later.. Log it first, THEN eat it. Don't forget those liquid calories, too [soda, juice, etc].
  • Pomodori
    Pomodori Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm crying because weight loss isn't showing I workout religiously and I'm eating healthy and it's like my body is just resistant to loading all this fat

Give it time (make sure you're logging accurately) and honestly it will happen.

In the meantime, be kind to yourself, you are so much more than a number on a scale or a size on a clothing rail.

:-3
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Check the accuracy of your calorie count. If you're using listings like "1 Piece", or "1 serving", for example, it's really suspect.
  • mom2kanda17
    mom2kanda17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've tried to lose since April. Tried the 30 day fix and a handful of fad diets. I lost 5 lbs from April to the end of Oct. in average I was working out 40 min 5-6 times a week too. I also gain 3 of those 5 back during that time. On Halloween I spent 5 hours reading here. Set my calories and logged since, today I'm down 11 lbs and feel like I finally have control and I exercise less and spend less time on dieting in general. Log religiously, weigh your food and eat at a deficit. The weight will go. YOU can do this!!
  • workin_onit
    workin_onit Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've tried to lose since April. Tried the 30 day fix and a handful of fad diets. I lost 5 lbs from April to the end of Oct. in average I was working out 40 min 5-6 times a week too. I also gain 3 of those 5 back during that time. On Halloween I spent 5 hours reading here. Set my calories and logged since, today I'm down 11 lbs and feel like I finally have control and I exercise less and spend less time on dieting in general. Log religiously, weigh your food and eat at a deficit. The weight will go. YOU can do this!!

YEAH! It's true, it really is. From me: say good things to yourself.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You don't give alot of information. Are you weighing all your food on a digital scale? How many calories did MFP give you a day? Are you staying within those calories? If the answer is no, then that's your problem and it will not go away. Eating healthy is nice (alot of us do), but it won't help weight loss. Excercising is also great and a big help, but 80% of weight loss is a caloric deficit. So, do what needs to be done for 2 weeks and see how it goes. Come back then if it isn't working. Save your tears ;)
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Make sure your getting enough sleep. My weight loss stalled for a while because I wasnt recovering properly for the amount of workouts I was doing and I was sore all the time. Get 7-8hrs of sleep with everything else your doing. Good Luck!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Here is a calculator to help you determine your BMR(Basal Metabolic Rate). http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ This is what you need to start with to get your deficit. 1lb is 3500 calories. So you cut about 500 calories form your BMR every day (through eating less and exercise*) and you should start to see the weight come off slowly. For example my BMR is 1792 and I eat 1400 calories a day and exercise about 200 more calories a day. *Keep in mind that the exercise you log on MFP often (IMHO) gives a high estimate of calories burned. So be conservative with what you log. Best of luck! One more thing, as you lose weight, your BMR will change and you may need to reduce calories/increase exercise to continue the deficit. This is why exercise is important, because you can't cut calories forever!