Dairy free and looking for friends

Options
I'm dairy free in the US due to allergies. I've had a hard time with many recipes that do not include dairy free (although I do make substitutions). Also many people do not understand food allergies and weight loss. If you want to be friends and support each other I'm here whether you have special dietary needs or not!

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm working towards dairy free. I'm wanting to give up my greek yogurt but I can't handle those alternatives yet. And I don't eat much meat at all, so the 25g of protein is almost irresistible! Also, almond cheese is a no-go so far, hahaha. I just do without it for the most part.
  • KittyLee99
    KittyLee99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Daiya? I developed my allergy in my late teens so I miss cheese and yogurt but it's pretty close lol but seriously if you like it and don't eat much I say keep on sister! I also like Soy Delicious yogurt (especially the peach and pineapple).
  • newmommy654
    newmommy654 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I breastfeed my son who has to have 0 diary. One slice of cheese causes issues :(. I feel like a lot of healthy low cal things however have dairy. I would enjoy being able to talk about the struggles.