Plateau

I started my journey on July 30. I have lost 35 lbs but for the last few weeks I seem to be at a plateau. I am 5'4", 41 years old, and currently weigh 157-158. I eat 1200 calories a day, 130g protein, no more than 100g carbs, and 30g fat. Any suggestions to getting out of this rut?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you open your diary, you may get more helpful advice.

A few questions: Do you use a food scale for all solid foods? Are you eating back your exercise calories? How long has it been since you have lost weight? Are you using generic database entries or building your own?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Plateau just means you're eating at maintenance and no longer in a deficit. You're probably eating more than 1200 calories without realizing it. Or, if it hasn't been very long, it could just be water retention. If you open your diary people can give you better advice.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    If you open your diary, you may get more helpful advice.

A few questions: Do you use a food scale for all solid foods? Are you eating back your exercise calories? How long has it been since you have lost weight? Are you using generic database entries or building your own?
    Plateau just means you're eating at maintenance and no longer in a deficit. You're probably eating more than 1200 calories without realizing it. Or, if it hasn't been very long, it could just be water retention. If you open your diary people can give you better advice.

this and this