What is your motivation?

Options
Hey guys,

So, I'm just getting started and I was wondering - what is your motivation? What is driving you to want to get healthy? (I'm sorry if this has been covered before.)

For me, people always tell me "Wow! You look great for having 3 kids!" - I think that's nice, but I don't want to look good considering I have 3 kids. I want to look good! period! I want to wear my bikini this summer and feel confidant. I want to be the healthiest I have ever been.

I feel like, the older I get the harder it will become - or, that is what I've been told. I'm 28 now and I just really want to rock 30! B)

Anyway, that is what drives me. What about you?

Oh, and being that I'm new here - I'm looking for friends so if you want to add me, feel free!

-Ashley

Replies

• noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The self-confidence I feel from being slim.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 y.o. and a 5 y.o. and I want to be able to watch them grow into men. I want to retire and be able to travel with my wife rather than sitting around in a hospital bed or worse because I didn't take care of myself.

Beyond that, being fit is just awesome in general...it is far superior to the alternative.
  • klala042
    klala042 Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My girls are my motivation. I also have a few family members that have recently lost a hundred pounds by eating healthy and working out. They look incredible! I want to be confident this summer in a swimsuit and not be covered up. I also plan on being a surrogate in a year and want to be in great health for that journey. Those are just a few of the reasons I stay motivated. I need more friends and people to help keep me accountable! I have one friend from work on here but she's not all that helpful. Please add me if you would like an accountability partner :)
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I want to get my life back I'm tired of living as a fat person. I want to be Hot !!! Chase my daughter around just get control of everything!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and want to be trim and fit. We don't all need to be overweight post menopause, do we? It makes me feel good and I work out because it keeps me feeling strong.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    This summer I couldn't ride with my son on his first kiddie rollercoaster because the attendants couldn't get the lap bar down over my gut. That was that! I've lost 70lbs so far and still have more that that to go!
  • pilisangar
    pilisangar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulation Shinycracy. When did you start your diet? And what do you do to get this goal?

• alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and have adopted two special needs kids. I suddenly realized that if I'm not there for them who will be?
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My back is in constant pain when I don't do my rehabilitation exercises and that should motivate me, but I've kind of ignored it (and been in pain) for a while again. So this post comes at the right time for me! I also want to get a breast reduction and for that I need to weigh much less.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my wedding dress. I saw it, fell in love with it and bought it. Trying to lose as much as I can by September which is when my fitting is.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    alizesmom wrote: »
    I'm 62 and have adopted two special needs kids. I suddenly realized that if I'm not there for them who will be?

It takes a very special person to adopt. Hats off to you
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have two autoimmune diseases (Hashimoto's and celiac). With any hypothyroidism, especially hashi, it's near impossible to lose. I want to kick its *kitten* and beat it.

Since celiac diagnosis, my Hashimoto's is almost in remission. That's a huge motivator for me.

Plus of course the usual, my kids and wanting to look good.
  • ameyer7487
    ameyer7487 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome! I'm excited to watch you all work towards your goals with me!
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I turn 60 in the summer of 2016. I want to be in much better shape for my 60s than I was in my 50s.