What fitness lies do you tell yourself?

Options
Lies I've told myself............
"I'm going to the gym, but not tonight.......I'll go tomorrow."
"It's the holiday....it's okay to eat that....everyone does. Anyways, I"ll get back on track after the new year."

What fitness lies do you tell yourself?

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I hate to trigger anyone or give anyone ideas ...
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Pretty confident the only emotional trauma caused is to myself by publicly admitting the number one fitness lie I tell myself is I'll do it tomorrow. Another perennial favorite is "If I buy [x] widget, I will *totally* start doing [y] exercise. Tomorrow." (:
  • muttersmad
    muttersmad Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "As long as I only eat this way today and not tomorrow, it'll allbe okay."

"This weight is fine. I'm not quite plus size yet."

"I'll start the gym next semester. I'm too stressed with school to worry about my health right now. Who wants Taco Bell?"
  • safarigirlelka
    safarigirlelka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's okay, I can eat that, I am running today......when in reality my body is extremely fuel efficient and does not need much fuel to go!
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    "You'll learn to like running" lol no. sorry but my body is never going to like that.
  • ak415
    ak415 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Giving up easily. I can usually start well going 2-3 times a Week. Getting to the gym, changing and swimming are easy enough. I think the trivual excuses start during the workout... I like to set goals like swim a certain amount of minutes without stopping but it can go downhill when I let myself give up easily. Giving up easily can turn into, "Going tomorrow" and then you know the rest...
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "This is going to be fun."
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "One screw up won't make a difference". This every day. Several pounds later...