body weight lifting

I posted here before asking for help on how to get rid of soft fats and most of the replies are "you should lift" . it's not
That i hate lifting but the i dont have money and time to register in a fitness gym. Could anyone suggest a home based lifting exercise plan/program that uses my bodyweight. Btw im a guy 19 yrs old 110kg 32% body fat. Im not that strong. I cant even do one full push up or 5 knee push up. thanks!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    I don't have any firsthand experience, but I've often seen "You are your own gym" recommended by others.
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    jadebuniel wrote: »
    Im not that strong. I cant even do one full push up or 5 knee push up.

Then there's one place you can start! :smile:

I'm sure others will have better advice, but when I started my running coach had us doing bodyweight core workouts. Each exercise is "at your level" -- in other words, if you can only do knee push ups, do them, and switch to full as you get stronger. We started with 30 seconds each, then two rounds of 30 seconds, then one round of a minute.

Core workout (with levels listed):
    • Pushups (tabletop/knee/full)
    • Front planks (knees / full / one leg in air)
    • Side planks (leg lifts rather than plank / knee / full with top leg helping to support / full)
    • Glute bridges (regular / single leg)
    • Squats (down as far as you can -- goal is top of your leg parallel to ground)

Note that none of these take special equipment, and by the time you've gotten to the top level of each of them, you'll be a long stronger than you are now.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    The Nerd Fitness beginner's bodyweight routine is great for a very new beginner.

After that, I switched to startbodyweight.com's basic routine.

Beyond that, there are a lot of books and other programs. As juggernaut said, You Are Your Own Gym (aka YAYOG) is one. Another one is Convict Conditioning.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    You are your own gym, convict conditioning.

Also if you're on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/

The sub-reddit has tons of information, a beginner routine and very supportive posters.
  • Tsoggo
    Tsoggo Posts: 114 Member
    Hahaha thanks guys. i'll try all the suggestions. Hope i can finally get rid of this extra fats
  • Tsoggo
    You are your own gym. Lol i thought this was a free program xD
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    jadebuniel wrote: »
    You are your own gym. Lol i thought this was a free program xD

It is, you don't need to buy a book on it, just pull up some videos on youtube.
  • Tsoggo
    ^ haha thanks