Protein bars and pre workout recommendations

Options
I'm taking a trip to gnc tomorrow and would love some recommendations for some good preworkouts. I'm currently taking bpi sports 1.m.r vortex preworkout powder. It gives me energy but not as much as I'd expect and it makes me have a hard time sleeping at night even if I take it in the morning! I eat a mission 1 pure protein bar after every evening workout. 21g of protein and honestly they are delicious. I've heard quest bars are good but idk how they are in comparison. Give me some suggestions! Any other things I could be taking preworkout/post workout? Thank you!

Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition brand for just about everything I take -

Gold Standard Whey before and after workouts (I workout at 6am so I find a shake is a good quick meal at 5am when I get up and am getting ready).

Platinum Pre Workout I love. Pricey, but it has all the key supplements I feel are important for getting the most out of (and recovering from) CrossFit.

I love Quest Bars. I use them as snacks here and there and when I'm on the go with kids, etc. and I know I'll be hungry before I get home. Helps keep me from cheating or going too long without eating.

Check out my diary to see my pre/intra/post work out supplements. I only mentioned the above because that's what you asked about, but I also firmly believe in taking Creatine and ZMA.

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Buy plain BCAA Capsules for pre and post workout. The stuff you re taking probably contains l-glutamine which is an excitotoxin and can cause sleep issues.