100lbs down, ask me anything!

Approximately 280lbs
399932_10151227319720551_1554591632_n.jpg?oh=58d99a2f1165f4c63b22f4b045eda12f&oe=56EBF0E9

Approximately 175 lbs
12308347_10206968322680702_362585319534809627_n.jpg?oh=539c5df600b3627be20ed1ea11dc6804&oe=56E5DF1A

Over all I feel much better, healthier and it is so nice to be able to walk into any store and know I can buy some clothes that will fit nicely. I'm 5'9" and the BMI charts say I'm still over weight, not sure really what to do about that. I'm working out at home using the daily burn Tabata series, and eating healthy. I can def. see that the last 6 weeks of working has made some improvements in muscle "tone" I guess, at least the muscle seems more apparent.

However, and I did expect this somewhat, Im 39 and been obese since I was a teenager, I got some loose skin issues, and I have so much loose skin around the pecs and abs I don't think any amount of weight lifting is going to make them stand out much....

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited December 2015
    Crikey lad, you've done well :-)

Sorry, no advice or comment re the skin as I'm no-where near that stage yet.

As fir the BMI, I believe it's aimed at the average and not fit peoole who are working out and building muscle, otherwise rugby players would be stuffed!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You have done great and look absolutely fantastic. Enjoy your success. :mrgreen:
  • plushieboo
    plushieboo Posts: 38 Member
    Wow you look great!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    I've lost 60 lbs over the past 2 yrs and have the struggle with loose skin, still have another at least 50 to go, but I've heard it can take up to 2 yrs for the skin to tighten up. You might talk to your dr and see what he says? Great job!!!
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    that's awesome..you're doing great!...it really shows...thanks for sharing!
  • trossk2
    trossk2 Posts: 50 Member
    edited December 2015
    Fantastic job! Your transformation is amazing.

My question, did you catch any fish that day? Do you find that being lighter causes fewer issues when fishing very muddy banks?
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Thanks for the positivity everyone...Yes I do have far fewer issues fishing, better balanced and I don't tire out near as easily!
  • patty_36_2
    patty_36_2 Posts: 22 Member
    I have the bat wings issue as well.. But I'm 100lb down and trying to do skipping, work out DVDs, also now I have snow clearing to add... Will see what happens in time and report back...
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    You look great! Congrats on your success!!
  • Freespace01
    Freespace01 Posts: 4 Member
    I bet if your loose skin could be subtracted from your overall weight, your BMI would be just right. You have done well!!
  • hellotohealthy
    hellotohealthy Posts: 7 Member
    Good for you! What's a typical eating day for you?
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Good for you! What's a typical eating day for you?

About 2500 calories or so.

Breakfast includes 3 eggs, a bowl of instant oatmeal

lunch 4oz sliced turkey breast spinach and whole wheat bread

dinner is different everyday but typicaally includes 4-6oz of lean protein and lots of veggies

snacks also vary...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!