What do you eat at the movies?

Options
13suzie
13suzie Posts: 349 Member
Ideas?

Popcorn makes me bloated and gives me the sugar crazies.

Looking for suggestions please!

Replies

• chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The last time I went I brought some dark chocolate covered pomegranates. :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well short of taking something with you I wouldn't know what to tell you cause I work the movie popcorn into my day when we go to the movies.. There is just some things worth the calories and that is definitely one of them.... lol... Best of Luck...
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers. It's always been my movie food. But I've also brought apple slices and dried cranberries with me.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I eat before or after I go. Not paying good money for that crap.
  • 13suzie
    Options
    The last time I went I brought some dark chocolate covered pomegranates. :)

drool!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    I have taken grapes, fiber one bars oe mini rice cakes in with me, they do sell frozen yogurt or soft pretzles that would probably be the best choice if u want to buy something there
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Almonds, pistachios, a fresh berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries ... maybe cherries) ... grapes ...
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers, a bottle of water maybe. A package of Snackwell cookies. Something to munch on, you can even pop your own popcorn and take some in a baggie. It's hard to get worse than theatre popcorn and I absolutely don't drink cokes any more....I just have to get PAST the yummy smell of popcorn, after the lobby, I'm fine!!
  • bescamilla1115
    Options
    I always put pretzel sticks for a crunch and grapes or raisins for something sweet in my purse... I wont pay $15 for junk.
  • 13suzie
    Options
    Frozen grapes

Bingo. That sounds like a sweet treat that might just work for me.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry, I'll sneak in a subway.

I think movie food is nasty. (Both appearance and taste)
  • vaironika
    vaironika Posts: 36
    Options
    I usually don't eat anything, i just enjoy the movie. If i did bring anything it probably just be some carrots, cucumber or celery so i can get the crunch factor without the guilt. The extra nutrients don't hurt either :)
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've researched the calories in those popcorns and a medium is around 800 calories alone. I stopped buying candy and popcorn at the movies and just bring my own healthy snacks like a nutrigrain bar, or similar.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Nachos with extra peppers and extra onions!!! :love:
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I love popcorn, so that's what I always eat. I'm assuming you want to avoid candy? Do you like beef jerky? You could bring in your own healthy snack if you preferred. Like trail mix, or a cut up apple and pb whatever you find tasty. I sneak in taco bell at times. :P Some theaters have really good "healthy" snacks now. Yogurt parfait?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I always sneak in my own food. Usually popcorn made at home because the stuff at the movies has an INSANE amount of butter and such. Sometimes I bring candy too. I've also gotten creative and brought things like homemade sweet potato fries, cereal, fruit, nuts, etc. Basically anything I can fit in my purse :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I just sneak in a bottle of water and go after I have eaten.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes

You read my mind!! Luv luv frozen grapes. ..