lightheaded

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
Yesterday and today, I was working out to my slim in 6 dvd and got really lightheaded, and my right ear got plugged. I'm not new to working out, so I'm not overdoing it or anything like that. I don't drink water before my workout but during and after. I don't have a cold or earache. Just wondering if anyone knows why this would happen, and what to do to stop it! Also, both times I finished my workout, should I be stopping when I start to feel lightheaded?

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today, I was working out to my slim in 6 dvd and got really lightheaded, and my right ear got plugged. I'm not new to working out, so I'm not overdoing it or anything like that. I don't drink water before my workout but during and after. I don't have a cold or earache. Just wondering if anyone knows why this would happen, and what to do to stop it! Also, both times I finished my workout, should I be stopping when I start to feel lightheaded?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Might be an inner ear infection? They can make you feel dizzy and plugged up. Since you're not new to working out I don't know if it would have anything to do with that. You can see a doc for the ear infection though, then you'd know for sure.
  • staliajones
    Options
    Are you paying close attention to your breathing? Sometimes when I get a little winded and fail to focus on my breathing, I get a clogged up feeling in my ear and realize that it is directly affected by my breathing. Lack of oxygen can also cause you to feel dizzy and/or light-headed. Next time you exercise, pay close attention to your breathing and if you begin to feel dizzy, take a moment and breathe prior to continuing. If breathing does not help, you may need to consult a physician who may possibly refer you to an ear, nose, and throat doctor if he/she cannot treat you. I definitely would not worry too much about this as I have encountered the same thing before (dizziness, clogged ear, etc) when working out.