How many calories am I burning when not excersising?

Options
I'm 5'11, 219 lbs. male. I have a great calorie counter/heart rate monitor that includes a strap across the chest and a wrist watch for my workouts. However, I'd like to know how many calories i'm burning during the day when I'm not excersising. Any pointers on how I can do that? I'd rather not wear that strap across my chest all day but it sounds like that's the only thing i'll be able to do to get the reading I want. Just want to make sure my calorie deficit is right on cue. Thanks for reading

Replies

• p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you for that. I used that calculation to actually create my own formula to get a better reading of calories burned. I'm doing p90x right now, in my 8th week. So I put in my numbers and checked the "3-5 ex per week" box, then did the same thing except checked the "6-7 ex per week" box. Then I averaged those numbers and estimated that would be my calorie burn for Mon - Fri. Then I repeated the process but checked "1-2 ex per week" and made that my saturday calorie burn since Kenpo X is pretty easy for me. Then did it again, but entered "sedentary" since I don't work out on sundays.