Lost my streak :(

Options
So upset! I forgot to log yesterday and have lost my 340 day streak. I'd been so excited about getting to a year. :(

Replies

• Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I empathize. A year would have been nice. But hopefully, your losing streak (or maintenance) is still going on, the logging is a tool, not an end.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I had an over 700 streak but decided vacation trumped logging. It wasn't really reflective of total effort either, so I didn't find it to be a great loss. There is a link in the contact us section where you can ask to have it reset to where it was.
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You can go in and reset it and log in what you ate. I've had to do that when I didn't have access to a computer. I can't remember how, but check it out.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm at 111 days. I was just telling a friend I plan on ending the streak one of these days because it means too much to me and it includes a lot of days of logging in just to keep the streak alive.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go on vacation with no phone/internet for 7 days. I just hit 200 today :(
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm over 1000 days, but I do understand how missing a day can happen. What matters is that your here now, not that you've missed one day.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That sucks!!!!! I'm in my 300s now. I lost my streak around 100. So I'd be higher.
    No words can make that annoying feeling go away!
    It's hard to let the streak go!
    Maybe set a new goal therefore needing a new streak Count
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you can do it from the app, but if you go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request you can reset your streak.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    it's annoying but I wouldn't personally ask for it to be reset - it is a logging streak and you failed to log - that it was accidental doesn't change the fact. If you had it reset it wouldn't be reality nor totally up and up. It is of course for you to decide but that's my take.
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. Didn't know about reset before. I agree with Phrick though - it'd be cheating. If my internet connection had been broken then I'd do it, but I just totally forgot!

Starting again and will celebrate in a year.

I know the streak shouldn't be so important but it does motivate me. Now I'm in maintenance, it'd be easy to skip the odd day of logging but that's a slippery slope! The streak does help motivate me to always log.

Add few years ago I lost 45lbs and pretty well kept it off. I regained some last year for various reasons and by Jan wasn't happy. This year: lost 20lbs between Jan and May and have maintained since. And I WILL keep logging - it's what stops me putting weight back on.
  • chamo24
    chamo24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    U know u can go back and log any day u want..right?? A logging days streak is silly if its just a logging streak...the important is getting a calorie count every day
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I lose mine every time I go on holiday, it doesn't mean anything to me except a reminder of how long it is since my last holiday! If anything it depresses me and makes me think it is time for my next one :)

Go back and log the food so that you can keep the charts some what accurate.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Go to help ... Then search "reset streak" and you'll see these instructions:

"We realize your counter is an essential motivational tool and we'd be happy to help you get this corrected. For the fastest attention to this issue, please use our dedicated counter reset request tool.

If you wish to make a note of the actual link for future reference, it is https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

Log in to your account at http://www.myfitnesspal.com, click the link above, and specify the number of days you believe to be correct. Your counter will be reset immediately.

Please note that the counter will reset if you do not login to either the app or the website at least once for the day. The app must have an internet connection available when you login, or the login will not count. The best way to ensure your days do not reset again is to log at least one entry that syncs before midnight.

Also note, if you are traveling, the program does not automatically update to your new time zone; it remains set to the time zone you originally chose. You can check or change your time zone within the app by navigating to "Edit Profile, then Time Zone. Or, if you are on our website, you can click "My Home" then "Settings" then "Change Time Zone.".