"Cheat" days?

Options
2»

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Thank you @pinggolfer96
    I'm going to call the 3000 calories I ate at yesterday's tamale driven & tequila lubricated family party the mother of all 'refeeds' and expect to KILL all my workouts this week. I needed a rosier pair of glasses to frame that in...
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I typically do a carb up couple of days once every three weeks when cutting and Its a noticeable difference in the way my muscles look they go from Flat to full almost overnight. Not sure of the term but something about being in a 50 gram keto diet for a few weeks certainly can make muscles look flat..

I looked it up

"intramuscular glycogen depleted"

I ate more calories this am than I did all day yesturday so it balances out for me throughout the week 5 months same weight for me whoohoo!!!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating basically whatever I want on certain days - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Fourth, Easter, etc. Totally takes the stress out of temptation and moderation. I guess you could call those cheat days.
  • hankdmoose
    hankdmoose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't really sweat the day-to-day counts and shoot for more of a weekly goal, because my activity levels are very different from one day to the next (for example: on days I work vs. those I don't). I find that if I go over one day, it more than balances out over the next few. Or the cravings come from being well under my goal for a few days beforehand.

Some people have success with perfect discipline. Some people only have success with perfect discipline. For me, flexibility is key to not losing my mind. My motto is, "everything in moderation. Even moderation."