Starbucks Recipes?

Options
StephieBearxox
StephieBearxox Posts: 6 Member
I'm really obsessed with Starbucks, but hardly ever have the money it extra calories to enjoy it. Does anyone have any healthier recipes inspired by Starbucks coffee/food?

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    We always buy Starbucks beans and make our coffee our self

Mine is one espresso with almond milk ( this is a regular every evening)

than we have the variations of cooked and wiped up foamy milk
    Cream on top yum
    and 2 tsp of Hensley chocolate syrup in it to make it a Mocha.

Or Cinnamon for me i love that.
    Or Vanilla extract.
    Hazelnut syrup ( sugar free) etc etc I have a range of extracts to flavor the coffee up if i want to

But i enjoy the simple espresso the most and with just (almond) milk

All up to you.

We do weeks with one pound of Starbucks beans which is around 5 dollars ( with coupon on sale by Smith's sometimes)
    Much cheaper than buying it at Starbucks. Which we still do from time to time.
    But i love to go to Pinterest look up Starbucks recipes and make them my own...we love coffee in general.

95069916.png

• suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am not a regular coffee drinker, but I like frou frou drinks that hardly taste like coffee. No idea if that appeals to you or not, but if so, my favorite was a pumpkin spice "latte" which I made in the blender with instant decaf coffee. Like you can taste the coffee after you add the pumpkin, milk, and honey!

https://www.vitamix.com/Recipes/Pumpkin-Latte/C-Series/Variable-Speed/Classic-64-Ounce

• pinedacl
    pinedacl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee from Starbucks is a vice of mine. I make it at home using Starbucks Classic Syrup that they sell at Target for 10 bucks I think (2 pumps is 40 cal) and 2 tablespoons of half and half (40 cal).
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lisa Lillian the "hungry girl" does a lot of skinny version Starbucks recipies that are great!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've never been to Starbucks as I'm not a coffee drinker, but I did stumble across a recipe a couple weeks ago on the Skinnytaste website that is a lightened up version of Starbucks' Cranberry Bliss Bars. Original bar is 340 calories with 19 grams of fat; this version is just 149 calories with 5 grams of fat.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/12/skinny-cranberry-bliss-bars.html

10382200.png
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Here is their recipe site...

Maybe you can make them lower calorie by substituting some of the ingredients.

I think that you can buy their low calorie syrups online at their web site.

http://solutions.starbucks.com/resources/recipes/
  • cmestis
    cmestis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you have a HomeGoods store near you? I was in one in Birmingham, AL today and I found a whole bunch of low-to-no calorie/sugar free syrups for coffee drinks! Just like the syrups they use, but a whole bottle of syrup costs about the same as one cup of Starbucks coffee made by them! Obviously you need recipes to use them with, but thats a good place to start!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Their skinny grande mochas are only 150 calories, and they are very yum!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love Carmel frapachinos from there! At work I'll make me and my co workers ice coffee and they love it! I use ice,any milk, decaf coffee little sugar or however much you want! I love mine sweet! Mix it all up add some Carmel! Mix! Put it in your cup top it off with sugar free whipped cream and then some more Carmel! It's yummy
  • cmestis
    cmestis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cmestis wrote: »
    Do you have a HomeGoods store near you? I was in one in Birmingham, AL today and I found a whole bunch of low-to-no calorie/sugar free syrups for coffee drinks! Just like the syrups they use, but a whole bottle of syrup costs about the same as one cup of Starbucks coffee made by them! Obviously you need recipes to use them with, but thats a good place to start!

Today I tried the syrup, and I came up with a recipe for it!
    10oz plain coffee
    1/2 cup original silk light
    1oz Sebastiano's salted caramel sugar-free syrup
    5 packets of splenda (add splenda or real sugar to taste, I just wanted it to be a bit sweeter so I added some splenda)
    The whole drink came out to be only 38 calories! And it was delicious! :smile: