Overeating

sugar28proof
sugar28proof Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Everyone!
Looking for help with overeating especially when I get home. I work and go to school full time and when I get home I just want to eat everything. I eat breakfast and lunch everyday but I'm still hungry

Replies

• ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    What is your estimated maintenance level calorie requirement based on you current level of activity, and how many calories are you eating? Are you gaining weight, staying the same, or losing slower than you'd like?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,011 Member
    It's hard to answer the question without a lot more info, but...

Your profile says you want to lose 18 lbs. If you set your goal to 2 lbs per week, that is way too aggressive for how little you have to lose. Change it to 1 lb per week and eat more.

If you are eating a lot of "diet" foods, you may be eating really low protein and fat. But that's not necessary and most people find that protein and fat help them to feel fuller. So make sure you are getting enough protein and fat.

If you need more specific advice, you will need to open your diary or at least supply your stats, your calories, and your progress.

Good luck!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    edited December 2015
    Can you have something ready for yourself for when you get home? Make it a nice time, make yourself a drink, hot or cold, and enjoy it with your meal? Plan to do something right after your meal, like go on a walk or take a bath...but break your usual patterns, especially over-eating.

Track your fiber intake, it should be 30g or more daily...that helps! Do you use a food scale?
    Perhaps your meals during the day need to be higher in fat/protein. I tend to feel less satisfied if my macros are higher in carbs. I need the fat/protein/fiber. Track things and see what works!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Protein helps me to feel full. This could be anything from meat to nuts to cheese.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2015
    This content has been removed.