daily weigh in

Options
hi everyone I wanna give a go on weighing every day. What's an ideal website that does trends but doesn't need to be wifi scales? as I have normal scales

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Trendweight.com does, if you have a Fitbit account (no need for their scale). The only other ones I know of are the apps HappyScale (iOS) and Libra (Android).
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Trendweight.com does, if you have a Fitbit account (no need for their scale). The only other ones I know of are the apps HappyScale (iOS) and Libra (Android).

If you don't have FitBit, you can crate a free FitBit account and still use it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Download the Libra app! :)
    Remember - you are going to fluctuate daily.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    i know.. so far im up another 2lbs i dont know whether to carry on or just forget daily weigh ins i dont think im strong enough for it to not mess with my head
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few of your posts, you seem to be struggling lately with what the scales are telling you, am I right?
    Do you think it might be worth actually doing the opposite and not stepping on so often? Perhaps once a month?

If you were to have your weight tracked by a Doctor, it would be monthly weigh-in's. I just think it might do you a lot of good to take that horrible pressure off yourself. The scale may not be reflecting what you want them to reflect right now but I assure you, it'll all fall into place. Keep doing what you are doing with tracking and exercising. Track in other ways too (tape measure!). Set fitness goals to aim for in your body combat classes. Make it mean more than those few figures on the scale :)
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wanted to start daily weigh ins but I get mad if I fluctuate at weekly weigh ins so I can't imagine feeling horrible everyday. Although I know fluctuations are normal I still can't help it.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I use weightgrapher.com which has trendlines and the comparison from one month to the next.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I've seen a few of your posts, you seem to be struggling lately with what the scales are telling you, am I right?
    Do you think it might be worth actually doing the opposite and not stepping on so often? Perhaps once a month?

If you were to have your weight tracked by a Doctor, it would be monthly weigh-in's. I just think it might do you a lot of good to take that horrible pressure off yourself. The scale may not be reflecting what you want them to reflect right now but I assure you, it'll all fall into place. Keep doing what you are doing with tracking and exercising. Track in other ways too (tape measure!). Set fitness goals to aim for in your body combat classes. Make it mean more than those few figures on the scale :)

your right hun Def struggling right now.. but I thought that if I see the gains in a week I can do something about it for the next week. if i didn't weigh for a whole month and I gained that's 4 weeks! I don't think it would be wise at least I can keep myself on straight and narrow. .week by week
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use Libra to track my weight trends. Seeing the trending weight helps me keep the big picture in mind. I've had huge ups some days, and it frustrated me to see them, but being able to look at my trend helped me to not give up.

You have a good point about only weighing once a month. I would be more inclined to give up if I realized that a whole month was gone and I had to use another to try to get back on track. If you see it day to day, you can adjust quicker.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use WeightGrapher on my laptop, and HappyScale and PopWeight on my phone (PopWeight lets you manually track body fat %). For me, weighing in daily has actually helped me keep my mind OFF the weight! It took a month to get a good idea of how my weight is going down but I've seen a steady progress by tracking daily. Just this week, my weight jumped almost three lbs from one day to the next, but the trend over 3.5 months is consistently downward about 1 lb/week. Best of luck; keep at it, the results will come :smile:
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week and I find I try and relax and not stress about gains or losses as fluid retention can happen, that time of the month, bowels may not have opened for Days. Don't take a small increase to heart. It is normal for weight to fluctuate. You said yourself the overall trend is going down so that is great. Keep focussed on that. Good luck.