Most hated cardio

Options
Just curious as to what your least favorite piece of cardio equipment is. For me I hate the steering wheel and the infinite ladder. However both those pieces of equipment produce the most calorie burn in a short amount of time.

What's yours?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I don't really use cardio machines ever. I only ever do 3 forms of cardio: cycling, running, or swimming. Of the 3, running is definitely my least favorite. I actually love cycling and swimming, but running has it's place too, so I include it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I hike and bike outdoors, I don't like machines that much. But then again if winter is a problem, I could see machines as a way to get a little exercise in.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I really dislike stationary bicycles! I use them in hotels if I need a workout and can't run, but they are so boring, and the seats are way too wide if you're used to a real bicycle saddle. At home in the winter I ride my bike on rollers with resistance: still boring, but at least I have to pay attention or I'll fall off.

The erg isn't very exciting either, but it's a lot better than a stationary bike!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I hate running, I hate bicycling, I hate Walking ,and well...you get the point. Lol !
    I don't mind lifting weights and don't hate the elliptical. I just have grown bored of cardio over the years.
  • dstromley90
    dstromley90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a Love hate relationship with the prowler sled. Sucks so bad but works so well
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The stationary bike. My leg falls asleep if I'm on too long. Funny though that this doesn't happen when I ride outdoors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    The stationary bike. My leg falls asleep if I'm on too long. Funny though that this doesn't happen when I ride outdoors.

Probably two reasons: (1) The seats on stationary bikes are usually way too big and put pressure on your legs in odd ways. (2) When you ride outdoors, you shift your weight around more often, and sometimes stand up to climb out of the saddle (or at least I do).
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,990 Member
    Options
    The stair climbing machine (not the same as the stairmaster, this is like climbing stairs). I found that unless I only put the front half of each foot on the step, my toes get squashed as the next step comes down.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do burpees count? lol
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike for me too. So boring and I find it unreasonably difficult.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Anything light and easy. Enjoy pushing hard and enjoying the fact I actually have some cardio in my programming twice a week right now.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I find any machine based cardio boring especially at an "easy pace".
  • kkthnxbii
    kkthnxbii Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hate any cardio machine really, but probably treadmills the most. I'd much rather run on an indoor track if I have to run indoors.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dont like treadmills, I can only add them in my routine for a 10 minute incline jog every once in a while but thats it, anymore than that, NOPE.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I sold my treadmill and I live in a place that gets temperatures in the -45 range regularly through the winter. I would rather bundle up than step on a machine. But I hate the elliptical even more than the treadmill.
  • hairycrabs21
    hairycrabs21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Treadmill has its benefits but I find it rather boring and the elliptical makes my feet numb. Because of that I don't exert myself fully. For cardio my favorites are running up and down stairs, jump rope and boxing <3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    all of them...i hate when the weather nasty enough to force me indoors...i loath cardio machines, but they are occasionally (very occasionally) a necessary evil.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If we are talking about machines, the only one I like is the treadmill, as it is a good solution when running outdoors is not an option. Why people have invented things like ellipticals or stationary bikes or stair masrers etc, it is beyond me. I have tried them all at times, and no, I do not get it. Spinning bikes are tolerable, with a good instructor, but that's about it when it comes to machines. Had to use the stationary bike while recovering from an injury which pretty much made it impossible to walk or run, and I was literally counting the minutes.
    Oh and rowing machines are nice, but I have not been around one for years.