Any musicians out there?

Options
shadows2424
shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
Ive been into music since i was very little. My uncle and sister got me into it. Over the years ive self taught myself guitar bass guitar piano and drums. I was taught the cello for four years in my schools orchestra and now im learn in how to use fl studio on the computer. I adore music very very much. How did you get into music, when did you start, what do you play, what do you want to learn to play. I'd like to hear about your musical thoughts please share.

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I love music. All kinds. I play piano/keyboard
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have always loved music. I started in gr 7 in school band but remember begging for lessons to no avail way before this. I practiced a lot and received a Bachelor of Music degree in flute and theory. I love performing and teaching. I had to give it up for a while because of health reasons but very eager to get back at it soon.
  • shadows2424
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Might i ask how long you've played?

• ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    Yah. Self taught in the geetar, ukulele and I play the piano (although not too good anymore because my folks forced lessons down my throat as a kid when I should have been outside breaking my neighbors' windows with baseballs).
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Might i ask how long you've played?

Like... two or three years ago
  • Cblsplcr
    Cblsplcr Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I have just begun to play the guitar. Not good yet but I love trying. Love all kinds of music.
  • shadows2424
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    I can play about 1 minute and 20 seconds of enter sandman and one (Metallica for people who live under a rock)... And that took a month to learn.

I salute all of you! ^

Lol good job.
  • OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm an opera singer :)
  • shadows2424
    Options
    OS_KAT wrote: »
    I'm an opera singer :)

Wow. Ive never met an opera singer before. Thats cool.
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I can play piano and violin (violin not very well) lol
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes.. Drummer, piano & now - clarinet.

Come from a long line of family members who were/are musicians. Been studying & playing for 40 years. It's a part of my DNA - can't change it.

Played, recorded and taught for a "living" for 6 years.

• shadows2424
    Options
    DM01234 wrote: »

Come from a long line of family members who were/are musicians. Been studying & playing for 40 years. It's a part of my DNA - can't change it.

Thats cool I've been wanting to take piano lessons myself.
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    Yup

Dad put me into guitar lessons at 4. I took theory until I was 14. Music teacher teamed me up with a drummer, bassist and another guitarist when we were 11. We started to play at weddings at 12 years old.

We played until we were about 17, we went off to college, all remained best friends.

We raised our families and re-formed the band about 5 yrs ago. Mainly rock, classic rock and edgier pop and now do bars, fundraisers or just weekly jams at our rehearsal studio. Recruited my nephew to play in the band too.

You can say I'm a bit of a gear head.

I sing and play lead.
  • shadows2424
    Options
    DrFever100 wrote: »
    Yup

Dad put me into guitar lessons at 4. I took theory until I was 14. Music teacher teamed me up with a drummer, bassist and another guitarist when we were 11. We started to play at weddings at 12 years old.

We played until we were about 17, we went off to college, all remained best friends.

We raised our families and re-formed the band about 5 yrs ago. Mainly rock, classic rock and edgier pop and now do bars, fundraisers or just weekly jams at our rehearsal studio. Recruited my nephew to play in the band too.

You can say I'm a bit of a gear head.

I sing and play lead.

That's amazing. I'd like to take music theory in hoping to start guitar lessons soon so hopefully they'll be teaching me that too.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm a professional orchestra musician. I play the bass (upright and electric) and I played trombone in high school. I can play a little bit of piano. I started playing when I was around 11 years old.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I'm fortunate I come from a city where the opportunity for music education is considered one of the best in the country (and in some cases the world). At the collegiate level, people come from all over the world to study here. Only a few are chosen each year - so not all make it.

I'd be willing to bet though, most cities provide access to some amazing teachers.
  • shadows2424
    Options

I'm fortunate I come from a city where the opportunity for music education is considered one of the best in the country (and in some cases the world). At the collegiate level, people come from all over the world to study here. Only a few are chosen each year - so not all make it.

I'd be willing to bet though, most cities provide access to some amazing teachers.

Yea i found a music school that im hoping to start taking lessons through.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    started playing professionally when I was in high school, been doing it on some level ever since.

started out on drums but switched to stringed instruments in my 20's - been up and down the food chain, from driving to solo acoustic gigs to riding a tour bus all over the US.

it's addictive, for sure.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm a music teacher and a gigging musician in NYC, lead singer and double bass player in my americana/bluegrass band.