Plateau - how to beat it ????

Options
After loosing 10 kg in 20 days by high fat keto diet -1200 calories, inspite of daily exercise I gained 3 kg of muscle last week (may be).
I'm trying to loose another 10 kg but it seems my body is not responding when I exercise like crazy for weight loss. Im eating 1000 calories below maintenance and burn 500 calories each day by cardio/ walking 2 hours every day. But I'm struck... Do I cut my calories to 1500 below maintenance now ? Do I walk 20 km each day ? What do I do to get results ? I'm confused..please help..

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I hate to break it to you, but you did not gain 3kg of muscle. Aside from newbie gains, you cannot build muscle in a deficit. I really recommend reading the stickies at the top of the forum to educate yourself a tiny bit more, and I mean that in a sincere way. Reading that back kinda sounds rude but I'm not trying to be.

Aside from that, there's a few things at play here. Without stats, I'm going to generically tell you that you are eating more than you think if you are eating 1200 and not losing. Are you weighing foods with a scale (not measuring cups)? If not, start there. Chances are, you will find that your logging is not accurate because serving sizes on packages aren't always accurate. Food scale is always an eye opener.

Edit; also judging by your profile picture, I'm assuming your male. If that's the case, you shouldn't be going below 1500. Although I do think you're eating above that, 1200 is the lowest for females and 1500 for males.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    One week without a loss is not a plateau, especially after you lost such a huge amount in the previous three weeks (mainly water weight from cutting carbs). But 1200 is too low for a male, and a 1000 calorie deficit is too aggressive for the amount you want to lose. 250-500 calories below maintenance is what you should be aiming for, and that's after exercise is factored in.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good answer by @vespiquenn

Also this:

MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, but am i only loosing water ? I lost 10 kg