What music do you exercise to?

Options
Today I put my head phones on and began walking on my treadmill as I was singing along with the spice girls! Ok so I admit it, I rock out to spice girls! I even have Cindy Lauper on there. I don't descriminate at all! I even have eminem and creedence clearwater revival on the same playlist. So I propose this question to you. What music gets your blood pumping and makes you want to lace up those shoes? Don't be shy people! I would love some good ideas for my playlists.

Replies

• sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff.

Techno,Rap,Rock,Metal,80's rock

just no country ! lol
  • UAYpull
    UAYpull Posts: 26
    Options
    60% metal, 30% guilty pleasure pop, and 10% everything else.
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    Metal.

Many varieties such as: Death, Black, Heavy, Djent, Melodic...
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Footloose. :tongue: I have that set in my playlist to come on right about the time my energy is lagging and I'm arguing with myself to do one more mile loop (so I actually have it in my playlist twice LOL). :laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Metal.

Many varieties such as: Death, Black, Heavy, Djent, Melodic...

YES!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    And btw, I work out to metal... it's fast, technical and aggressive...

I do also listen to some fast R&B from time to time
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Punk rock, ska and metal mostly (old school metal, such as Iron Maiden, mostly, but some black, death, sludge, doom and thrash in there as well).
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I personally have a lot of different upbeat music eg wild by jessie j i find it gets me moving to keep with the beat
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Streetlight Manifesto

Eminem

Kanye West
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    90's....mostly "jock jams" or club music from my childhood....songza is my friend.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    I usually work out to metalcore or djent. My favorite is melodic hardcore with really inspiring lyrics. Counterparts, Saints Never Surrender, It Prevails, A Sight For Sewn Eyes etc. are good examples.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Everything from Coheed & Cambria to Calvin Harris to Metallica to Tiger Army to Eminem

If its got a beat, it goes on my shuffle
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Rock, heavy metal and some occasional techno.....cause I'm a bit random
  • trbilbao
    trbilbao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like

Afro jack/Chris Brown -AsYour Friend

Boogie Wonderland

MJ - Don't stop till you get enough

Kanye/jayZ- No Church in the Wild

Gym class Heros - the Fighter
  • Squirrel1601
    Options
    Metal. David Draiman is like my training buddy.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Everything from Coheed & Cambria to Calvin Harris to Metallica to Tiger Army to Eminem

If its got a beat, it goes on my shuffle
    Bless your heart. I totally forgot about tiger army. Annabel lee was one of my favorite songs when I was younger. That will be great for my playlist
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    When doing weight training it's all about metal... Slayer, Pantera, Machine Head, Sepletura. I have to have something that makes me want to destroy whatever is in front of me.
    When it's time to run I prefer something that I can sing along too. So usually its 80's and Classic Rock.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I need some metal screaming in my ears to motivate me. At the moment I'm using Finntroll for that because it's happy and loud and makes me 'dance' on the elliptical.
  • ButYouGotMySoul
    ButYouGotMySoul Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nine inch nails
    Marilyn Manson

I've been to countless concerts for those artists, and I figure if I can jump around and scream in a mosh pit, I can certainly work out for an hour, so I throw on NIN and MM and rock out on the elliptical. When I need to run though, my absolute go to songs are Getting Bright At Night by The Icarus Line (starts out slow, ends up epic) and March Of The Pigs by NIN.
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There's so many great ideas on here! Thanks for the input!