My keto pancakes suck! Any idea why?

Options
cassandranken
cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
They just crumble, and are soggy, and...ew. I've tried 2 versions, one with cream cheese, one without. I've tried butter and coconut oil. Tried blotting it into the pan, and pouring it in. Tried a higher heat, a lower heat. What the hizzle is up with these things? They're horrible.

Are there any secrets I'm just not aware of? This is the 3rd time I've tried and I'm so disappointed.

Replies

• Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Join the low carb group. There's a lot of great people in there that can help you out!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is time for a different recipe. I've had luck with this one - Fluffy Almond Meal Pancakes from Low Carb Yum. I don't use sparkling water and still get a great rise and thumbs up from my kids on those.

Another I've heard good things about but haven't yet tried is Kristie's Perfectly Puffy Pancakes
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    A third option that I intend to try in the future is Mile High Silver Dollar Pancakes. I like most of the Fluffy Chix recipes but just haven't got around to this one yet.
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Join the low carb group. There's a lot of great people in there that can help you out!

Oh crap! I thought I was in the LCHF area. My bad! But thanks for the replies :) I'lll be sure to try that new recipe once I go grocery shopping...kinda used up the last of my supplies on fail cakes lol
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am guessing you need eggs.