Which HRM?

Options
acpgee
acpgee Posts: 7,667 Member
I think I need to declare my Polar FT4 to be dead. Transmitter has always been a bit erratic when the battery was low (zombie readings and occasionally heart rate jumping to 214 at rest). The transmitter has been replaced/repaired by the awesome customer service at Polar 3 times in the last two years.

Now that I am past the warranty period, it is probably time for a replacement. Which HRM would you recommend? Or I could choose the cheap but probably unreliable option of just buying a new Polar transmitter.

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with the Polar transmitter.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Had loads of problems with the transmitter on my FT7. Battery life was poor but it was erratic even with a new battery.

The newer (H1) transmitter that came with my FT60 watch is far better.
    (Recently bought a second transmitter so I can keep it at work - Ribble Cycles seemed to have the best current price, £29-95)

I like the FT60, it is one of the cheaper models to allow you customise your settings (max HR and VO2 Max).
    The Ownindex "fitness test" feature seems surprisingly accurate and gives a metric for your fitness.

If you are using it for calorie estimates then I've found it matches almost exactly the calorie estimates I get from an expensive power meter equipped training bike.