Caving

Options
Just wondered if there are any other cavers on here, having scrolled through a few pages and not found any mention of it. I try to get underground a couple of times a month but Yorkshire has been deluged with rain for the past few weeks so I haven't done a lot at all.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I just want to say how cool caving must be!! I'm jealous!!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've been a few times in France (Jura) and in the USA (PNW) and had a great time. But not passionate enough to keep up with it. If I lived in an area with a rich cave system I'd probably spend more time doing it. Have not been in ages, for lack of a lead caver/guide.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love caves. Our family vacations are always to go camping in state parks & we try to find any caves in the area to visit. I have never done any of the "wild tours" where you go off the group routes with a guide, but that is definitely one of my goals. They are just so beautiful.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Haven't done much caving since I left the midwest (united states) many moons ago. Not much out here in granite country other than the occasional lava tube. Great memories of crawling through mud while my back scraped on the passageway ceiling :smiley: Never did any real technical caving (rappelling, etc.), tho.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I've done a little spelunking, no opportunities near home.