Is it possible to damage metabolism?

Options
2»

Replies

• littlelatina19
    littlelatina19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guess she is on her feet a lot, I'm gonna see how the next couple of weeks go adding exercise back in. Thanks for all the replies, I'd rather not have a damaged metabolism so it's good to know it's not as easy to damage it as I thought!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'll check that film out then, and I understand what you mean about my friends but I know them very well and one them especially works in a cafe. She basically spends her day munching away on nachos, brownies, hot chocolate, carrot cake, and then gets home and has her supper with family as well. Usually they go out drinking and order pizza and fries and then at lunch every other day they go get sweets and fried chicken or chocolate bars and I'm there with a sandwhich and a piece of fruit. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to eat like them because it isn't healthy whether they're thin or not, it just feels like I'm never gonna lose weight :/ I'm hoping I haven't damaged it, it's just that I find it extremely hard to eat less than I am doing because I get lightheaded or ravenously hungry.

I think you're unhappy because you're trying to compare. You have to focus on your own body and your own needs. If you need a sandwich and a piece of fruit over a few slices of pizza then you have made your choice and should not be comparing to other who have different bodies and goals. If your logging is accurate then give it a few more weeks. If there is still no result, work on adding more exercise as your body is able and you'll be burning more calories without having to suffer eating even less. Especially if you have had an eating disorder, it's important to not over restrict yourself right now. Give your body time. No one gets immediate results :)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I think if you'd made your metabolism low like can happen with anorexia, you would have gained a bunch of weight between then and now and been like wtf? If you didn't have any freaky weight gains, you should be good to go :) Good luck and kudos for getting out of ED behavior!