Depressed?

Options
So this isn't a diet question but I figured wouldn't hurt asking, so far this year with thank God not much of it left to go, I lost my dear nan, we have moved house, my partner has moved jobs, my niece and sister have had to move into a refuge, my boss of 4 years has just quit and my mum has just got back in contact with me after 4 years... I am also very excited about my wedding in 9 short months :) The thing is all this is seriously getting my up down down up down down up... I honestly feel like I could cry 80℅ of the time, I don't want to go to the doctor for them to just say I'm depressed. I am not another statistic. Any advice

Replies

• Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Talk to your dr even if you don't want to it sounds like you need to. There's a difference between being diagnosed depressed and just needing a prescription ever now and then.
  • terriertrouble
    terriertrouble Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's always better to be proactive and get help even if it turns out you don't need it. Sometimes just a couple counseling sessions are all you need. Good luck.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You really need some help from an MD or a counselor.
    If you do not have access to one of those, get enough sleep, eat more fruits and veggies and beans, and exercise 5 or 6 days a week.
  • Lazy_Weight
    Lazy_Weight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to become another statistic either but unfortunately the longer you leave depression untreated the worse it gets. It's better to be another statistic and be happy and live life to the full than be another statistic on suicide or just be very unhappy all the time, isn't it? But you do have to do what is right for you, I understand if you don't want to go to the doctor. So some alternative advice (though doctor is the major thing) when you feel as though you've not done anything in a day or people are telling you to 'get a grip' (or whatever stupid phrase they say) think of everything you HAVE done, like did you get out of bed? or make yourself some food? some washing? had a bath? You know, those so called 'little' things, think about that, you have done things, those who say 'get a grip etc' they don't understand how hard it is to get out of bed when it feels like there is a monster besides you pulling you back, they don't understand how hard the 'little' things are. Keep going, fight the monster, and remember that just because it might have been a bad day, it's not a bad life. Take care.