Underweight!!

Options
yancyordonez629
yancyordonez629 Posts: 4 Member
So I'm 18 and I'm underweight.. I weigh about 92 Lbs. I was wondering if I start going to the gym & bulking & eating 1,990 calories a day, will it help me gain weight? Or should I eat more calories?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You need to eat more for sure especially if you are working out. You bulk in the kitchen not the gym. Are you a girl or a guy?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Everyone's calorie goal for a surplus will be different. For example, I maintain at 2000 calories per day and am 135lbs female . so you may need more calories then that.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    figure out a 250 to 500 calorie surplus and eat to that number. I would also get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts or all pro beginner routine..
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How much weight do you need to gain to be in the healthy range?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    sounds like a reasonable amount, given your weight. I would try that out for 3-4 weeks, if you don't gain as much as you would expect add another 100-200 cals.
  • yancyordonez629
    Options
    You need to eat more for sure especially if you are working out. You bulk in the kitchen not the gym. Are you a girl or a guy?

I'm a girl.
  • yancyordonez629
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    How tall are you? How much weight do you need to gain to be in the healthy range?

I'm 5'2. I need to weight at least 106 lbs.
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    sounds like a reasonable amount, given your weight. I would try that out for 3-4 weeks, if you don't gain as much as you would expect add another 100-200 cals.
    i don't think you have the license to give definitive advice all over these pages like this. consider stopping.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    motivccess wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    i don't think you have the license to give definitive advice all over these pages like this. consider stopping.

What are you talking about... someone that weighs 92lbs will be in a surplus at 2000 calories for sure. If they are not gaining at a "fast enough rate" add more calories. What is wrong with that advice? seems like common sense, which isn't all that common these days.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

I'm 5'2. I need to weight at least 106 lbs.

Then aim for the 2000 calories, but skip the exercise for now. Give your body a chance to start storing some fat, then add exercise. I would absolutely not start any challenging gym routine with a bmi this low without first talking to a dr.
  • yancyordonez629
    Options

Thank you !