Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Round 2

chandraminick
chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
edited December 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am creating this thread because I am three days away from successfully completing my first attempt at the 30 Day Shred. I have had a lot of success with the combination of The Shred and MFP, and I am not ready to give that up and get soft again. During my first round with The Shred, I used 3 lb weights and modified some exercises and did fewer reps where I was extremely weak.
For my second round, I am going to increase my resistance to 4 or 5 pound weights and try to do the more advanced moves. Additionally, I am going to shorten each level to seven days instead of ten. I plan on starting some time around the 20th of December. If anyone is interested in a 21 day Shred, feel free to join whether or not you have done The Shred before. I will follow the second round of The Shred with the JM 6 Week 6 Pack Abs Workout. Both workouts can be found on YouTube, and I may post links to them if there is enough interest.

Replies

• meganirene22
    meganirene22 Posts: 6 Member
    I would be interested! I love 30DS ☺️
  • chandraminick
    Awesome! For anyone else who would like to shres with Megan and myself, here is the group name "Jillianichael's 30 Day Shred Round 2"
  • pchrysta
    pchrysta Posts: 105 Member
    I'm with you Chandra (again) but I'll be a bit behind you. Staring level 3 tomorrow.
  • chandraminick
    Right on! It will be good to have you there. You can share your experiences from the previous round with others, and meet people who have also had Shred success.
    pchrysta wrote: »
    I'm with you Chandra (again) but I'll be a bit behind you. Staring level 3 tomorrow.

• 72neecer
    72neecer Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!
  • chandraminick
    An update to this thread: week 1 finished. Week two starts today Sunday Dec 27, 2015. Don't forget to search for the GROUP titled Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Round 2. All are welcome to join for support and motivation.
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Well done @chandraminick did you see a big difference?
    I am thinking of starting again in Jan though I've been out of exercise for over a yr so worried I will find it too much but maybe if I modify and less reps x
  • chandraminick
    edited December 2015
    Yes, I see changes every day. Physically, my weight is plummeting and muscle is going up. I've lost 26 lbs in 60 days starting with Jm Standing Abs workout, and now round 2 of the shred; but, I eat the same things every day and don't cheat. I eat green protein smoothies about three times a day, and snack only on non processed foods. I stick to roughly 1200 calories too. That stuffs noticable and I have a lot of progress pics, but what isn't noticible is all the other progress like everything else in my psyche has changed, my goals, my lifestyle, I don't stress over cravings and lose control anymore, positive, motivated, inspired, successful, moving forward, fitness fitness fitness and kill in it every day like a criminal. I'm going to do JM Ripped In 30 next. It seems so simplee and clear to me now what has to be done when just two months ago, I was a mess. Every damn day, I just do it.
  • chandraminick
    edited December 2015
    hnyzthms wrote: »
    Well done @chandraminick did you see a big difference?
    I am thinking of starting again in Jan though I've been out of exercise for over a yr so worried I will find it too much but maybe if I modify and less reps x

See below or above in my next comment for reply to that question.
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    I've been doing the shred videos and wondering how I input that into my diary?? I found it hard so I dont add any exercise. P.s. Abs are tightening up after five workouts!! So happy
  • chandraminick
    There is a formula for figuring how many calories you will burn. You can Google it, or find a thread with the formula in my group. Once you know how many you burn in an hour, go to MFP app on your mobile and click on those three little horizontal bars on the top left of the screen. Go to settings and then my exercises, and add it under cardio. Then you can search for it later to add it to your daily diary.
    I've been doing the shred videos and wondering how I input that into my diary?? I found it hard so I dont add any exercise. P.s. Abs are tightening up after five workouts!! So happy

• chandraminick
    Well, here I am again looking at the end of the 30DS. I am on day 55/60 of the 30 DS, so, basically, I was able to successfully complete round 2 of this program. Instead of 6 WK 6 Pk Abs, I going to follow this program with JM Ripped in 30 starting on Sun Jan 24th. I'm not sure yet if I will create a new group for that or just start a thread for it in the group "Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Round Two" where all my other information is located. Anyone interested in joining for support and accountability is welcome to join.