Anyone have any recipes that would be minimal prep/planning? Thanks

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I only do chili and bbq pulled pork in the crockpot.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Check skinnytaste.com and if you're on reddit they have a couple of sub reddits for simple crockpot meals here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crockpot/

https://www.reddit.com/r/slowcooking

• instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    a couple large chicken breasts
    a jar of your choice of salsa
    a can of black beans
    a bag of frozen corn
    taco seasoning
    Cook on low for about 6 hours (longer if the chicken is frozen). Shred the chicken and mix all together.
    Sometimes, after shredding, I crank the crock pot up to high and leave it uncovered for a little to thicken it up a bit.

I don't ever measure anything, and I make my own taco seasoning, so I just kind of sprinkle it around on top of everything in the pot. I make this a couple times per month, and I eat it over rice, on tacos, in quesadillas, on salads. It's very versatile and full of flavor. Sometimes, I omit the corn and/or the black beans and just have the chicken in the salsa with the seasoning. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to put together and another 5 or so minutes to shred the chicken.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    a couple large chicken breasts
    a jar of your choice of salsa
    a can of black beans
    a bag of frozen corn
    taco seasoning
    Cook on low for about 6 hours (longer if the chicken is frozen). Shred the chicken and mix all together.
    Sometimes, after shredding, I crank the crock pot up to high and leave it uncovered for a little to thicken it up a bit.

I don't ever measure anything, and I make my own taco seasoning, so I just kind of sprinkle it around on top of everything in the pot. I make this a couple times per month, and I eat it over rice, on tacos, in quesadillas, on salads. It's very versatile and full of flavor. Sometimes, I omit the corn and/or the black beans and just have the chicken in the salsa with the seasoning. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to put together and another 5 or so minutes to shred the chicken.

This is a good one! I love southwest chicken like this, very versatile. To add a little "oomph" to the above, add in juice of one lime and a couple of tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro. You can also substitute lean beef or pork. I usually double the recipe and freeze in ziplock bags.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I always love just a classic beef pot roast. Let it soak in some beef stock on low for 6 hours in your crock pot with a lot of carrots, and red potatoes. Serve on a whole grain dinner roll with a slice of pepper jack cheese and maybe dump the Sammie into some of the beef broth. Yummmm! Carrots and potatoes come out tender. Perfect dinner for me
  • BiggieSmallsInc
    BiggieSmallsInc Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I always love just a classic beef pot roast. Let it soak in some beef stock on low for 6 hours in your crock pot with a lot of carrots, and red potatoes. Serve on a whole grain dinner roll with a slice of pepper jack cheese and maybe dump the Sammie into some of the beef broth. Yummmm! Carrots and potatoes come out tender. Perfect dinner for me

Lmk when to come over!
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The 3-bean turkey chili from Skinnytaste.com is one of my favorites! It's actually simmering away in my kitchen right now! It makes a lot and the portions are very filling!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have one on the go right now, makes it so much simpler to be productive, get stuff done, and still eat right...Tonites dindin for hubby (mine for tomorrow) is chicken, rice, beans, tomatoes, onions, corn and sweet red pepper....all cooked together all day into a nice soupy casserole :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bella0531 wrote: »
    The 3-bean turkey chili from Skinnytaste.com is one of my favorites! It's actually simmering away in my kitchen right now! It makes a lot and the portions are very filling!

Yeah I made it today too but I use 93% turkey.