Bought a $400 masticating juicer, and I never use it :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    gostumpy wrote: »
    I bought it for my birthday this year, and that was in April... I've used it maybe 3 times.

I can never seem to use it in the morning for two reasons, it's loud, and it will wake up our son if he's not already up (usually I have to tiptoe in the morning), and secondly, it takes a decent amount of time to clean, about 10 solid minutes.

After work it's dinner time, which I guess would be almost the only time I can use it....

Any help on motivating me to use the dang thing? It seems like such a huge waste of money, I thought I would use it but I should have just stuck with the $50 regular juicer :(

I REALLY want a Magic Bullet though to make smoothies... worried the same thing will happen though :(

The same thing probably will happen because any appliance like that will make noise, etc.
    Do you like smoothies/juice or just think you should drink it? Because you can just eat all the foods whole that you would put in the juicer or magic bullet without making loud noise or having an expensive device to clean up. You don't have to drink your food.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my nutri ninja.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I took it out to take photos, and my wife said "but you LOVE your juicer!"...

And she was right... I do love it... made juice that day and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Just gotta effin use the damn thing I guess.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

And she was right... I do love it... made juice that day and enjoyed it thoroughly!

It seems you just don't love it often enough. The wife is probably right, but I'd say take the dang pictures and use them later if you have to...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options

Well, what about committing to use it on the weekends (or whatever your non-work days are)?
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I read the thread title wrong, my bad.
  • gostumpy
    Options
    LOL! ^^^

After thinking about it some more, the reason I want to do it is because I know how good it makes me feel, and I knew growing up when my mom juiced it was really healthy...

I think I need to LEARN to juice and then it'll be much more habit forming, currently I just bought a juicer and expected it to just juice, heh. I need to learn when, what to keep in the fridge, etc.

We have a bunch of veggies left over from Christmas dinner so I'm going to go make a cucumber/carrot/celery juice right now!

Talking about it helps, every time I log onto MFP I remember this thread and it makes me want to juice. Hallelujah.

(In hindsigh though I really should have bought a Vitamix and a $75 juicer)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    All the more reason to see if you can sell the thing - maybe indeed fund the vitamix and cheapo juicer like another poster suggested!

I'm thinking of getting a ninja just so I have a smaller blender container since I cook for just myself. I'm worried about not using it much though, so instead I blend things basically at the bottom of a 12+ year old full size blender
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well if you do ever want to sell it I'd definitely be interested! And a ninja is just as loud as my jack lalanne juicer (centrifuge) one day I want to get a vitamix
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    did it come with a warranty? maybe you could take it back to the store if you still have the receipts
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is worth the money!
  • gostumpy
    Options
    This public accountability along with seeing it more often has been the kick in the *kitten* I needed to actually start juicing :) I've made 5 or 6 juices now since posting this thread, and am excited to make another one tomorrow. I have a market that's on the way home from work so I can easily pop in and grab some stuff.

Last juice was 2 Pears, 2 Apples, 4 celery stalks, and 4 kiwi. DEELicious!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Nice!
  • smh1963
    smh1963 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja too, it keeps all the fibre, so you can drink your greens , some really yummy recipes out there. I didn't like my masticating one , as all the fibre was removed. Ive had my Ninja for 6 months and use it every other day