Jimmy Spices all you can eat - UK

Options
Hello all.

It is my cousins 30th Birthday next week and on Sunday we are all meeting up for a meal at an all you can eat buffet restaurant. I have been a couple of times before but that was a few years ago, when all I can eat meant if I didn't leave feeling sick, I hadn't had my moneys worth!!

I want to go and have a good time but also I don't want to ruin my progress because so far I have managed to not get into the normal Christmas mentality of "its Christmas and therefore I can eat everything in sight" (I have resisted Mince Pies- I am so proud!!).

My plan (so far) is to:
1. Park my car in the furthest space away from the restaurant I can.
2. Use a small plate instead of a large one.
3. 1/2 fill my plate with salad, vegetables before heading to the rest of the buffet so it leaves less room on the plate for other stuff.
4. Stay away from alcohol (driving and its a "school night") and carbonated drinks. Stick to water.
5. If he dessert section has fresh fruit salad, have that first before anything else.

Does anyone have any more tips on how to successfully tackle an all you can eat without feeling like I am restricting myself?
If you have been to Jimmy Spices recently, can you recommend anything in particular to have or not have?
Any help would be very much appreciated... thank you in advance :smile:

Replies

• tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It is a special occasion, go and enjoy yourself. Maybe bank some calories in the days ahead of time. Then, when it's over, get back to your MFP style eating.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a good handle on it. Careful with cooked vegetables though, as they could be covered in fats or oils. Also be mindful of the dressing and salad toppings you choose. Find a bowl and possibly get your dressing on the side.