What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Weighed in at 77.1 kg this morning, and have been at 76.9 kg the last couple of days. My maintenance range is 75kg I'm still losing, but my mini goal is +/- 2.5 kg, so I am in my maintenance range. I'm still losing, but my current mini-goal is to keep within my maintenance range all this month whilst moving towards my goal weight. I don't expect to reach my goal weight this month, but I have a good chance of making it in December.
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    To get to my first mini-goal of 95kg and remember that change is possible.
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    My mini-goals through the end of the year:

> Go a full week without disordered thinking regarding food (no binging, no guilt)

Would you mind sharing with me how you do this? I have this problem and all the ED joys along with it, there are no ED therapists/counselors where I live.
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    My mini-mini goal is to drop 1.8 pounds this week. Reaching my 12 pound weight loss for the month. (Dr. approved.)

I like that you're consulting a doctor on this. So many people have unreasonable goals. That used to be me, talking to my doctor made things a little easier.
  • smallmu
    smallmu Posts: 9 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Getting the "bouncing" to go under 245. Right now I'm "bouncing around" between 246 and 248. (This is my pattern; I'll bounce for two to three weeks then abruptly slide 2-3 pounds lower and begin bouncing again.)

I have this exact same pattern. Once I understood and made peace with it everything is better! I also bounce back up a couple of pounds from a new low weight for a few days.

This! It drives me nuts, even though I know it's going to happen :D

• charmmeth
    smallmu wrote: »
    Getting the "bouncing" to go under 245. Right now I'm "bouncing around" between 246 and 248. (This is my pattern; I'll bounce for two to three weeks then abruptly slide 2-3 pounds lower and begin bouncing again.)

I have this exact same pattern. Once I understood and made peace with it everything is better! I also bounce back up a couple of pounds from a new low weight for a few days.

Oh I know! It's something I now expect if I hit a new low weight. I was really surprised last week to have two lows on successive days. Back up a bit now though. This is why I have my spreadsheet calculate a monthly - and now also a rolling seven-day - average.
  • charmmeth
    Apparently 88cm is the mark for SUPERBAD for women, so getting below it seems like a good milestone.

Hope you have got there! Having your waist less than half your height is a great thing to aim for.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    charmmeth wrote: »
    smallmu wrote: »

Oh I know! It's something I now expect if I hit a new low weight. I was really surprised last week to have two lows on successive days. Back up a bit now though. This is why I have my spreadsheet calculate a monthly - and now also a rolling seven-day - average.

Yes! Excel keeps me happy.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    charmmeth wrote: »
    Apparently 88cm is the mark for SUPERBAD for women, so getting below it seems like a good milestone.

Hope you have got there! Having your waist less than half your height is a great thing to aim for.

Interesting - I’m 176cm tall so 88cm is literally half my height. I have also read that women have increased health risks above 80cm so that’s on my list but as a blanket statement I guess it might have some wiggle room for those of us who are on the taller side. I feel slightly better about my goal now that it’s half my height 😊
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!