Insanity Workout results

Options
Hello everyone
So I bought the insanity workout DVDs and Im about to start following the calendar that came with them. I'm so excited!!! anybody tried it before? Results? Tips? Anything will help!!

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I've done it a couple times and love it. You'll see great improvements in strength and cardio stamina. It's very intense so you need to make sure you modify where needed so you don't burn out. If you haven't been working out intensely, you'll likely see some initial water weight gain. Just don't rely on the workout program itself for weight loss - that still comes from your eating. You may need to bump up your calories a bit in month two, though. That's what I found for me. Anyway, hope you enjoy it!
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @shrcpr I've heard so much about this DVDs and how awesome yet hard they are, it also comes with a recipe/ eating plan but I don't think is for me. Thanks so much you are really helpful.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I lost around 20lbs doing it, but I also developed a horrible case of heel spurs and plantar fasciitis in both feet. I'm still suffering from it :'( But I have really high arched feet, so I guess I should have not done high impact.
  • ChristinaShepp155
    ChristinaShepp155 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Sunday December 20th!! I'm excited!!
  • kychoie0330
    kychoie0330 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have tried insanity a couple time but never went through the 60 day program. I just did it a few times with my friend who wanted a partner to do it with. It is pretty intense. I completed P90X and P90X2 and what I liked about insanity is that you don't have to worry about weights or resistance bands. I would strongly recommend wearing shoes with good shock support. Old gym shoes with worn out rubber won't help you when you are doing intense standing cardio exercises. My two cents!
  • LoveLorie
    LoveLorie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done insanity a few times, never finished the entire program. This workout seems to be too much on my joints. The second time I did insanity I did it for 3-4 weeks and lost 20lbs.
    Like other people have said, invest in good shoes :)
  • marylovesnini
    Options
    I'm starting Sunday December 20th!! I'm excited!!

I'm starting December 21
  • marylovesnini
    Options
    @kychoie0330 thank for all the great tips I will keep them in mind
  • marylovesnini
    Options
    @LoveLorie thanks! I did sprained my ankle the first time this will be my second attempt and 20 lbs! Way to go!!!!
  • LoveLorie
    LoveLorie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I want to start back up again too. Good luck! Keep us posted :)