Healthy Weight Gain

Options
I'm a 19 year old 5'2, currently 105-107 pounds and an under eating. I conserider myself anorexic and really need to gain weight so I can have a curvy figure again. I read that you might have to eat more than 2000-3000 calories to gain weight. Are there any young woman who are very active and eat 3000 or more a day and stay thin but lean? I want to enjoy eating a lot again but want to get lean, curvy, but not fat.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    have you discussed this with your treatment team?
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I'm about to go see dietitian this week but was curious me wanted to hear from other people. I want to get lean but stay thin but just eat whatever I want and as much (of course limit to the right number of calories).
  • ndj1979
    Options
    if you are suffering from anorexia then you really need to just focus on gaining weight and not worrying about where it is lean weight or not, just add some weight to yourself.

I would suggest entering your stats into MFP and set it for one pound per week gain and eat to that number. I would also suggest getting on a structured lifting program like strong lifts or all pro beginner routine. Set your % of protein/fats/carbs to 25 protein; 25 fats, and 50 carbs...

Along with a dietitian I would also suggest talking to a mental health treatment person that is familiar with your condition.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Going a day without exercise is a hard habit to break. I love working out and I don't want all the weight gain to be fat. I always hated the feeling of being fat. I hate having belly rolls or jiggly thighs.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Going a day without exercise is a hard habit to break. I love working out and I don't want all the weight gain to be fat. I always hated the feeling of being fat. I hate having belly rolls or jiggly thighs.

I never said that you would go a day without exercise; however, you really should have one, 100% rest day for your body to recover.

You are scared to get "fat" because you have a disease that requires treatment. Please seek out the help that you need.

If you eat in a moderate calorie deficit and follow a structured lifting program most of your gains will be muscle, an d inevitably some will be fat, that is just a fact of human physiology.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go see dietitian this week but was curious me wanted to hear from other people. I want to get lean but stay thin but just eat whatever I want and as much (of course limit to the right number of calories).

Random internet people are not a substitute for the guidance of a treatment team.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I understand. Just was curious from other people who might had experience. But is it possible to be very active and eat that much everyday? Consider that I am young and should eat more.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Again, those are questions for your treatment team.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I understand. Just was curious from other people who might had experience. But is it possible to be very active and eat that much everyday? Consider that I am young and should eat more.

this is a question for your treatment team and dietitian.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Alright...thanks anyway.
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am extremely active, eat lots of healthy calories, and exercise a lot and I am very healthy
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are several threads with women recovering from EDs, so i would look at some of those but its since there is a hige psychology aspect to this, you should be working with a treatment team. If money is an issue there is a link in the community guidelines for free resources. I would link you but am on my phone.