Hi! Could use some motivation.

Options
julieanamoon
julieanamoon Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey kids!!! How is everyone doing today?? I am Juliana and I am a mess. I have 2 torn rotator cuffs and am in pain a lot. (Waa waa waa). I want to lose weight before surgery bc I will be laid up for a bit. I could use some friends to help me figure out how to eat, and motivate me to eat healthy and exercise. Believe it or not, I did 300 crunches everyday 3 years ago and weighed 136. I was a health and exercise nut. This weight gain is part mother nature/part bad break up/ part being too busy/ and a lot being poor. . I live on dry cheerios, muffins, and anything else quick bc it hurts too much to cook. I never learned how to cook bc I was basically a career waitress and ate at work. Mom wasn't around growing up, and my 3 brothers and lived on frozed fish sticks, chicken and pizza. I am from the Detroit area. I now live in TN, and will be starting a pre diabetis class in January. It will have nutritional info, exercising and is geared towards losing weight before you end up with diabetis, so I am very excited about that. I have 4 dogs, and do volunteer animal rescue. So for now, that is me. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and hope to meet some new friends to kick my butt into gear, and give me advice on how to lose 70 pounds and vice versa. Best wishes!!

Replies

• JoyFrank1
    JoyFrank1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    well I can motivate if you need that but I too am learning how to do it right. My doctor says it is all about calorie intake not really about what we eat. But you do want to stay healthy too so that does matter somewhat. But his advice to me was to eat what I want but register each item when I reach my calorie goal for the day No more food. I usually try to figure out in the morning what I will have all day and set it out. Helps keep me from snacking on other foods. Popcorn is a great snack with a small amount of calories. I eat lots of salads easy to fix and low in calories. I do cook for my family but usually crock pot meals and oven. Afraid my neck just hurts too bad if I over do it. Wish you the best of luck here if you need to talk!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You can do this! Calorie intake is where its at. I was a slug and am 16 pounds down and a lot to go. My one piece of advice that seem to work for me was find a low calorie meal you like and stick to it every day. For instance a low calorie oatmeal with blueberries, having this wide world of foods leads me to poor decisions. I made a page of meals that would be in the calorie range I wanted and stick to it. I grocery shop for just what's on my list and gave away every bad food in my home. There isn't a huge variety but its working The human body adapts quick and after a couple weeks I added strength training and cardio and feel 10 years younger. Good luck!