Gift ideas for daycare provider??

Options
_whatsherface
_whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
edited December 2015 in Chit-Chat
Thought I'd try here.
My sons provider just gave me a Christmas gift for him. I thought that was very sweet and I would like to get her something in return. She had made all sorts of amazing progress with my son since switching him from a large in home daycare to her smaller in home daycare. I don't know much of what she's into and would like it to be some what thoughtful. I'm not sure I have time to have flowers sent to her. Any good ideas?

Replies

• vinalali
    vinalali Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    gr4yu9uekxg4.jpg

This is my go-to gift if I don't know what to get someone because usually everyone likes the movies. I get the popcorn tub at the dollar store, theater candy at Walgreens and two movie tickets or a gift card for the cost of two tickets. I've used this for plenty of teacher appreciation gifts and they always liked it.
  • vinalali
    vinalali Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    y54mtc2qcfpx.jpg

Or if you have time you can do this which is cute for teacher/daycare provider. I just bought a plant, a plain ceramic plant holder from Michaels. Paint the bottom black, top yellow, waited for it to dry. Wrote marks to look like a ruler in Sharpie and also wrote the "Thanks for helping me grow" in Sharpie. I added my kid's name and date to the bottom and put the plant in and added a gift card to Target because everyone loves Target and they can get supplies and whatnot from there.
  • _whatsherface
    Options
    vinalali wrote: »
    y54mtc2qcfpx.jpg

Or if you have time you can do this which is cute for teacher/daycare provider. I just bought a plant, a plain ceramic plant holder from Michaels. Paint the bottom black, top yellow, waited for it to dry. Wrote marks to look like a ruler in Sharpie and also wrote the "Thanks for helping me grow" in Sharpie. I added my kid's name and date to the bottom and put the plant in and added a gift card to Target because everyone loves Target and they can get supplies and whatnot from there.

OMG I love this. I'm not a teacher but I do work in the special education field in a school district. I mainly just get gift cards from my boss. One time he paid for a pedicure. And I get loads of Starbucks. But I don't work with young people. I'm with middle and high school students. So thanks for this idea!!! Way cute! And you can never go wrong with a target gift card either.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    But you can have flowers sent with a click of the mouse online.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    vzokyzqueiol.jpg

JK
  • _whatsherface
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    But you can have flowers sent with a click of the mouse online.

I'm worried she won't get them on time.